March 28, 2024, 01:50:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: What does Drum Brute bode for the future of the Spark platform?  (Read 3218 times)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
What does Drum Brute bode for the future of the Spark platform?
« on: October 13, 2016, 12:23:10 pm »
I've got a bad feeling that this new Drum Brute is spelling the abandonment of the Spark software and hardware. Just like what happened with their Origin hybrid synth.

Arturia, PLEASE tell us this isn't so.
Your silence regarding the future of the Spark platform is deafening, and more than a little disturbing.
This space left intentionally blank.

biggator

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: What does Drum Brute bode for the future of the Spark platform?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 05:09:07 pm »
Not sure why it would affect the software (assuming they separate the two) - but i can see no future development on the hardware.

Maybe a firmware update (or Drumbrute 2) will be able to act as a controller for spark 3?   Or is that wishful thinking?

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 09:48:51 pm »
this new Drum Brute is spelling the abandonment of the Spark software and hardware. Just like what happened with their Origin hybrid synth.

Not sure why. The MiniBrute/MicroBrute didn't end the development of new soft-instruments and MIDI controllers, so I'm guessing Spark's digital Sample+VA/PM+Modular aspect will keep having its place in the soft-instruments alongside its analog new "brother" DrumBrute :)

As for Spark's specific controller(s) (i.e. SparkLE since that seems to have definetely replaced the original Spark controller) that could go either way: coming up with a SparkLE mkII with 16 pads or opening up Spark 2 to support the other Arturia pad controllers (or even both solutions simultaneously).

But, for sure, only the future will "tell" :)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:52:22 pm by Koshdukai »

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 11:50:10 pm »
They are at different ends of the market really, although released back to front. :)

Spark was to get that sound at a cost saving, software with hardware for a 'hands on' approach. Spark 2 become something else with too many add ons and left the original concept behind, in my opinion. Drumbrute takes that original idea and runs with it but takes it back to single use analog machine.   

Drum brute is one knob, one function device. It looks great, everything I wanted Spark to be but with added real analog sounds.   

which says to me that Spark will now go in a slightly different direction, or it'll slowly be forgotten about and die. Oh well, at least we have the original CDM which can be used as a midi controller, it's not all bad news.

Thanks, Stuart 

Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

mixalis

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 11:38:38 am »
Two completely different products....!! with a different price tag and different sound and capabilities!!

But........ I hope they do update Spark soon because it looses ground from N.I. machine mikro which is its real competitor if you ask me!           And i dont like silence either.................

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines