April 27, 2024, 09:11:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: A feature request about level settings.  (Read 1441 times)

LBH

A feature request about level settings.
« on: October 02, 2016, 06:09:54 pm »
A feature request about level settings.

As it is now in Arturia CS-80, then both the the Master Volume levels, the VCA level and both the Touch response Inititial (Velocity) and After (Aftertouch) levels add to the sound level.
This can make it very hard to get levels that don't distort.

Is it possible to have the max soundlevel to be the one set by Master volume? I suggest it to be so.

Then the VCA levels could be a maximum amount of the level set by the Master volume. Meaning when the two VCA levels is at maximum, then the total output is the level set by the Master Volume.

The Touch response settings could be set to be a maximum amount of the VCA level. That mean if you for instance raise the Touch response levels then it lower the VCA level relative to the settings. At max settings for both Initial and After the total maximum output shall only get as high as the level set by the VCA level no matter how you play.

This way level settings will be much easier and distortion will be easier to avoid while keeping the Master volume open for real time control at it's full range without risks of distortion and ear damages.
The combined possible levels using the VCA levels and the touch responses on both lines shall never be able to be higher than the level set by the Master volume when all the synth levels settings is set to maximum and plyed at max velocity and/ or aftertouch.

As it is now, then every time you change one of those parameters, then you have to changes at least one other parameter too to avoid distortion.

A level balancing would be very nice.
I don't know, but i can imagine the original hardware synth actually worked in a similar way like i suggest to make realtime changes more safe.

I hope it's possible to understand what i mean.

Best.

Edit: Off coarse the Keyboard Control and Sub Osc level settings should also be taken in account in the same way as described above.
Everything as much as possible to avoid distortion as much as possible.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 02:40:38 am by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines