April 29, 2024, 04:19:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSP FW(SW?) bug resulting in wrong output voltage for pitch CV  (Read 1334 times)

vintagesynthlab

BSP FW(SW?) bug resulting in wrong output voltage for pitch CV
« on: September 12, 2016, 06:52:37 pm »
I've had my BSP for a few months and finally decided to investigate a strange problem with both the sequencers seeming to drive all of my VCOs to a higher pitch than I thought it should be, considering any scale or transpose.

The C0 note was outputting 2 volts, instead of 0 volts.  While this can be configured in the Control Center SW, the output of both sequencers CV pitch were wrong.  In the config tool of the Control Center SW/App, there is a global parameter setting for "Seq 1 0V MIDI Note", as ___ < C0 should be default I believe. Mine was set to C0, yet putting out 2 volts, as stated above.  When I toggled it to C1, it was would put out 0 volts (this is because the BSP doesn't produce negative CVs for pitch, where this would be theoretically -1V). Then I toggled back to C0, and I had 0 volts output--which is what it should have been putting out while C0 was originally selected for this parameter!

This is clearly a SW bug.  No wonder why I had to turn my course frequency settings of any VCO hooked up to this to play in a reasonably expected range of pitch for any given note played during this bugged state of the BSP.

Hope this helps others having experienced a similar symptom.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines