March 29, 2024, 08:48:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Record pad input in to BitWig Studio  (Read 2018 times)

turbo_kev

Record pad input in to BitWig Studio
« on: August 07, 2016, 04:48:14 pm »
Hi all

I have asked this questions a few times in the past but still I have no answer
so I left it for a while and now I am asking again in case  any body now has an answer

I want to be able to  tap the pads and here the drums and as I am tapping the pads
I want bitwig to record the midi from the pads

I have enabled send midi from pads in preferences
and although I hear the drums nothing is recorded

if I make a second audio track and set its input from spark, then I do get a recording, but I want the mid recorded not the sound sample

I have played about in spark settings and tried everything I can think of, but I canīt get it to work

if I set the track input to my midi keyboard  then everything works, I just donīt understand
why when using the spark le controller nothing is recorded

cheers
kev
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 04:57:06 pm by turbo_kev »
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Record pad input in to BitWig Studio
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 09:04:59 pm »
Hi Kev hope your well . As you know i don't use bitwig but have you tried a second midi track with input set from spark .as this is the method for ableton if i recall.

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

turbo_kev

Re: Record pad input in to BitWig Studio
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 12:26:05 am »
Hi Terrym,  iīm melting in the summer heat in Spain at the moment pheeewww

cheers for that, yes indeed it does now work.

But can you explain to me why, If I use my bs1 or bs pro to play sparkle
then all I do is put spark on the track and set bs1 or bs pro as input and it all works just like a normal
vst instrument

whats different about the spark LE controller that stops the midi going to the track when I tap the pads
is this a design fault or something that helps

its had me stumped for ages, and although your way works, its a pain on workflow to have to
make 2 tracks for one vst

cheers again for your help

Kev in  Spain   (play on words )
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines