March 29, 2024, 05:48:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CPU-Usage, Problems (especially with Mainstage)  (Read 2132 times)

winihh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
CPU-Usage, Problems (especially with Mainstage)
« on: June 30, 2016, 02:59:45 pm »
Hey there,

I like all the V-Collection Plugins. Great!!!!

BUT: They are using very much CPU.

If I (for example) change a song (patch) in Mainstage some V-Collection-Plugins create a system overload. This did not happen with any other Plugin before!

- I have a problem with mainstage ... and I feel (I really don't know) - it began with using V-Collection. After about 10-15 Minutes playing complex Songs (with two Keyboards, Arpeggiators and Voc) with Mainstage, CPU-Usage levels up and up... in the End I have scrachtes in the sound. My guess is, that this might be related to the usage of V-Collection Plugins... I use up to 5 Channel-Strips with V-Collection-Plugins in one Song. -

Any ideas about this?

(I am fine with using them in Logic!)

I bought the Plugin-Set to use them for recording and live ... ;-/

winihh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: CPU-Usage, Problems (especially with Mainstage)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 02:31:26 pm »

Mmmh... nobody out there having problems with V-Collection and CPU/RAM overloads?

Maybe some ideas for solution?

I thought of buying and RME Fireface uc to ad some performance - but I guess this does not solve the problem...

badhabit2112

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Best quality MainStage Sounds on the Web
Re: CPU-Usage, Problems (especially with Mainstage)
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 05:59:47 pm »
I know this is an older post, but just to chime in if you're following - I am not having any issues with CPU usage in MainStage using multiple instances of the V Collection (and other's as noted in my signature).  In fact, I find that they're quite low in their use compared to others.  The only one that seams to be a processor hog is the Piano - but I have a Korg Kronos to cover that.  :)
MacMINI 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 Quad Core, OSX version 10.15.7, 16 Meg Ram, 1TB SSD, Mainstage 3.5.1, Korg Kronos SE 88, Yamaha EX5, Roland Ax Edge, Arturia V Collection, Korg Legacy Bundle, IK Multimedia Sample Tank 4, Miroslav Philharmonic, Syntronic, B3X, GSI VB3, AI-Studio D50 VR

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines