April 28, 2024, 12:05:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Questions about DLLs in Amalog Lab vs the Individual synths  (Read 1535 times)

Zip oLeighter

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I was updating Analog Lab 2 and watching as the various dlls were loading, they are called for example something like Wurli-engine.dll.
My questions are:
These are the instruments' sound generators only without the GUI?

If you have the full versions, does Analog lab still use these, or does it switch over to using the full version dll even when you are not editing?

Are they duplicated exactly in the full versions?
Does it make any sense to load the full versions BEFORE analog Lab, so that the -engine dlls are not needed?

If Analog Lab always uses the engine-only dlls anyway, is there any performance benefit to the -engine versions?
(I may be crazy, but it seems to me that Matrix-12 is better behaved in Analog Lab on my system... I get more polyphony before running into CPU limits, and when playing two synths simultaneously on two Reaper tracks, it works better if Matrix is in Analog Lab... this is an obervation from Analog Lab "1" by the way...)

I'm finishing my V5 installation today, standing at the edge of the softsynthSynclavierB3FarfisaPianoStage73 rabbit hole :o  ;)  ;D
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 08:10:04 pm by Zip oLeighter »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines