June 10, 2024, 05:41:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI Drum Sequencer Gate - Bitwig Studio  (Read 1652 times)

chuzzlewit69

MIDI Drum Sequencer Gate - Bitwig Studio
« on: June 17, 2016, 02:06:31 am »
Hi,

I'm using my Beatstep Pro with Bitwig Studio (Windows 7) and noticed some weird behaviour. I'm controlling a drum rack with some fairly standard 808 sounds. I've got a kick and ride cymbal which both have quite long tails. If I play the drum rack with the pads I can make the tails of these two drums cut off or play out for as long as I like (e.g. manually adjusting the gate). However, when I use the step sequencers and use the corresponding nobs to adjust the gate (01-99) I only get a very limited range e.g. my cymbal and kick get cut after half the sample, even when I set the gate to 99. I thought perhaps there is a setting in the Midi CC to calibrate gate length but...?

Then something quite odd - If I sequence a step and set the gate to '01' I get very weird behaviour with these drums. Basically the gate length alters at random - sometimes nothing will play, sometime really clipped, and sometimes the whole drum sample will play out. If I touch and hold one of the gate nobs this seems to trigger this erratic behaviour.

I'm trying to figure out if it could be a) the BSP b) the controller script I'm using for Bitwig or c) Bitwig/my PC - or some combination.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Cheers

Marty

chuzzlewit69

Re: MIDI Drum Sequencer Gate - Bitwig Studio
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 04:55:48 pm »
To clarify,  is there a way to 'tie' notes on the drum sequencer as with seq1 & 2? The manual days you can,  but gate time on my bsp only runs from 01-99?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines