May 01, 2024, 04:52:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Manual is wrong especially re sequencer.  (Read 1508 times)

jeffbart

Manual is wrong especially re sequencer.
« on: June 15, 2016, 06:13:45 am »
Just got Arp 2600.
Looks and sounds great!

Parts of the manual are just awful, poorly written and sometimes wrong. The diagrams are so small and there are no IDs or legend labels to identify what the manual is referring to.

Section 4.4 'The ARP sequencer' of the manual has irregularities between descriptions, and what's on the panel.

Some items have names, or descriptions that do not match what's on the panel.
e.g. "Position. Position input jacks"

Some are just wrong
e.g. "Bus inputs 1, 2 and 3 (inputs Gate bus 1, 2, 3): Input jacks for bus 1, 2 or 3"
I believe they are outputs not inputs, according to the original manual from ARP. They call them 'Gate Bus Outputs'

Some items are not mentioned at all
e.g. Gate Out

Some items don't appear to exist
e.g. "Start input (trig or gate) (Jack Start):"
e.g. "Start / stop pedal (Start / Stop pedal):"

There are many copies of the original manual that can help you to correctly label and explain the functions.
I'm surprised at the standard of this manual considering your place in the market.
It needs revision for errors, and I'd suggest this is an opportunity to use a qualified Technical Writer to do it once and for all.

Cheers Jeff
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 06:47:39 am by jeffbart »
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

Karamba

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Manual is wrong especially re sequencer.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 10:43:20 pm »
Thanks for your many posts about fixing issues.
I can't believe how lazy Arturia was with the manual and quality check. The original Arp and the sequencer manual are more helpful. It wouldn't take more than a working week (if not a day) for one person to fix all these mistakes left out for a decade in poorly written manuals that waste the time of every single purchaser of Arturia's product!

But who CARES ? Nobody from Arturia does anything about these posts or takes time to reply, their quality of support is similar to their attention to detail.

I still love the ARP V2  though..

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines