April 28, 2024, 01:38:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Factory, Template patches use non A 440 tuning.  (Read 2012 times)

jeffbart

Factory, Template patches use non A 440 tuning.
« on: June 07, 2016, 06:43:20 am »
it might be there are musical or legacy reasons for this, but most of the Factory and Template patches are set to use random 'TUNE' values that are not 0.000
Many are 0.0649. 0.2211, 0.0781 etc. i have not found one patch that's set in perfect tuning. And the Template patches should absolutely be set in tune.

A quick check against the A-440 tone can confirm that 8' , tri wave 'A' above middle C at '0.0000' is solid in tune at 440

I might be anal, but I'd hope that everything is set perfectly in tune to start with, and then let 'artistic reasons' determine if out-of-tune is desirable.
Cheers Jeff

« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 06:50:41 am by jeffbart »
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Factory, Template patches use non A 440 tuning.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 02:06:23 pm »
Hi Jeff,
i totally agree with you about templates. About "factory" presets, think it's a matter of sound design.
I'll report it to my colleagues. Looks there is a similar issue in the cs 80 right? i'll check with other synths.

Best,

LBH

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 06:06:45 pm »
It's good if this finally will be fixed. It's a old known and reported issue like many of the things jeffbart with good reasons report. It's not picky to report this. It's a desire to get the product it should be, and that's paid for.

Off coarse things should be in tune from the factory. And when in tune things should equal a even number and not a decimal.

There are many things reported for the old applications that's the same in the new, and that's a clear indication that the applications is not rewritten and that there are many things to fix in the old too.

Arturi please check and fix everything like technical issues, Preset and template issues including tuning, wavewidth and VCA, master and velocity, aftertouch levels/ volumen etc for all presets, and GUI's in every aspect. You should have gone thru every detail for VC5 and also delievered those fixes for VC4. But you hav'nt checked things yet. Please do it now, so the product work as it should.

Of coarse things like a working aftertouch and a working filter and alike is more important than a typo. But everything should be fixed for each application.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 11:51:07 pm »
I thought i would add this. I don't understand you Arturia. You could have a awesome product with unique sound. But there are so many things that's not like it should be. Why not fix all of it?

As i write in another thread, then Mini V 3 is close being the best Minimoog emulation. But things like the poor not very well working feedback, the aftertouch/ playing issues, the wavewidth issues including in the templates and all other reported things including checked presets and alike needs to be fixed. Many issues are very old. And why not add some of the and feature requests like a output meter that people have requested. Why not fix it and get a great product that don't have annoying issues that make it look unfinished and make many not wan't to use the product? Why not make the best product - and actually mke the product we pay for - and get happy satisfied customors?

You could do this for all you applications. Why don't you Arturia?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines