April 28, 2024, 12:19:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Moog 960 Capabilities  (Read 1132 times)

klstay

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Moog 960 Capabilities
« on: June 02, 2016, 02:29:57 am »
Before I sold (nearly) all my modular rig when we moved to a smaller place I used a pair of .com Q960s, a Q119, and an Encore UEG sometimes for sequencing, sometimes as an EG. Hopefully this is the right place for a firmware feature request that it seems could easily add some 960 functionality.

It is already easy to set the end point on any of the 64 triggers though IMHO not as accessible in a live setting as it could be. On a Q960 each of the 8 trigger slots/columns has a 4 position rocker allowing live selection of stop, normal, skip, or reset on that step. Live toggling two of them at a time is one of many things that allows a for a lot of live creativity.

Would it be possible to have the "note" pads have a second mode to live toggle such settings for sequence steps? Divide the 16 pads into 4 sets of 4 - top left for first 4 smaller trigger pads, top right for the next 4, etc.

If you toggle on the first of four pads then whichever of the 4 smaller "note on" pads this set controls you press becomes the first note in the entire sequence after the current last note is played.

If you toggle on the second of four then whichever of the 4 smaller "note on" pads this set controls you press immediately becomes a skipped note; NOT a rest. Press again and the note is now not skipped.

If you toggle on the third of four then whichever of the 4 smaller "note on" pads this set controls you press immediately becomes the last note in the entire sequence the next time it is played.

If you toggle on the fourth of four then whichever of the 4 smaller "note on" pads this set controls you press immediately has a ratchet set on it which is configurable differently for each of the four sets of four larger pads. Press it again to un-set the ratchet.

Being able to live set first note from say the first or second set of 4 triggers while at the same time live setting last note from the third or fourth set and also toggling skip notes at the same time is a very powerful live performance capability.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines