April 27, 2024, 11:29:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Hard to see some GUI elements.  (Read 3281 times)

Epee

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hard to see some GUI elements.
« on: May 21, 2016, 04:47:41 am »
Lovely GUI but very low contrast in parts - makes me squint to see/read. Any chance of a higher contrast option?

(Also a second LFO would be nice!)

;D

stefano

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Hard to see some GUI elements.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 12:16:35 pm »
I totally agreed and I would recommed a similar option too!!!

dickiedrummer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 12:26:11 pm »
I agree, the GUI is difficult to read for me, and I would welcome a higher contrast option for sure.

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 03:01:25 pm »
What parts do you find difficult to read?

I don't have the problem, maybe a different skin colour change as you could in V2 but I don't experience difficulty reading the GUI.

Thanks, Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 03:13:28 pm »
I don't have this issue with the Mini V3, TBH, even at 60%.
Maybe my screens aren't as high DPI as some of you or maybe are better color calibrated, helping with a better screen contrast?!

The only "hard to see" issue I do have is with the Jup-8 preset center "display" (Red text over grey background). Other than that, besides the instruments that didn't get the same very high-res GUIs (looking slightly fuzzy on high zoom levels), they all look great and readable to me.

At what Zoom are you trying the Mini V3 and what's your screen (physical) size?

dickiedrummer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 03:18:52 pm »
I have no problem with the instrument GUI itself. However on the menu section the grey font on brown is difficult  especially if you have daylight behind your monitor, and/or if you need reading glasses, as I and many others do. No problem I am sure if you have young 20/20 vision. The very bottom line of the menu GUI (Play Mode etc) where they have more or less used two shades of grey for font and background is even harder. This low contrast GUI style seems more and more fashionable recently on many plugins, yet is disliked by many on forum after forum I have read. A higher contrast option would not be difficult to provide for those with less than perfect vision. 

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 03:27:06 pm »
I have no problem with the instrument GUI itself. However on the menu section the grey font on brown is difficult  especially if you have daylight behind your monitor, and/or if you need reading glasses, as I and many others do. No problem I am sure if you have young 20/20 vision. The very bottom line of the menu GUI (Play Mode etc) where they have more or less used two shades of grey for font and background is even harder. This low contrast GUI style seems more and more fashionable recently on many plugins, yet is disliked by many on forum after forum I have read. A higher contrast option would not be difficult to provide for those with less than perfect vision.
ah, understood! :)

btw, I'm not that young :D (47yro) but still do have good vision, fortunately, so that may also explain why not everyone is having this issue. But your last explanation made it clearer :)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 03:28:47 pm by Koshdukai »

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 03:46:47 pm »
Yeah perhaps the font could be lighter or bigger.

The smaller font at the footer could certainly be changed

Thanks, Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 12:16:28 pm »
Yes indeed. That bottom bar, and a few other places, where they're using a slightly lighter shade of grey on a slightly darker shade of grey. I don't know who started this UI trend, but they need a solid kick in the genitals. Ridiculously hard to read -- not to mention small text (I'm finding 80% scale is ideal for me) ... and yes, my monitor is as properly calibrated as it can be without multi-thousand-dollar professional calibration equipment. I work on graphics, and know how to calibrate my monitor since over 15 years ago.
Low contrast interfaces are poor design. At LEAST an option for high-contrast.
This space left intentionally blank.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines