April 29, 2024, 11:14:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SYNC BSP-Ableton-Hardware  (Read 2246 times)

chap06

SYNC BSP-Ableton-Hardware
« on: May 11, 2016, 05:36:28 pm »
Hello everyone, I'm actually stuck i've just got a Beatstep pro, I would like to Use the BSP as the master for ableton AND hardware stuff, so Ableton and my Hardware stuff (Tb3/tr8) are sync so if I record audio in ableton it shares the same tempo.

I actually have no idea how to to it, and didn't see anything about it yet, si someone have an idea ?

I would like to know what settings in ableton and BSP I have to manage ?

Thanks  ;D

Filterseducer

Re: SYNC BSP-Ableton-Hardware
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 03:21:37 pm »
well, if u type "beatstep pro ableton" in ur browser you'll get this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1kMa2piwyk

Then get some liters of redbull, coffe, vodka, coke and a hammer: you'll meet the famous BsP clock

Happy eve!

oopsi

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 01:13:31 pm »
Another helpful post there filterseducer.

Like every item of midi hardware there are some things to tweak to get it to play nice in a complex hardware/software setup.

The things to watch for in ableton are the midi sync options under the midi tab and further options on the midi sync option itself.

You may well need to add some delay or compensate for delay by adding negative or positive values respectively here. All midi interfaces are different and everybody have differing system requirements. My system likes a -22 adjustment yours may be different.

Also if the indtrument is external thete will be some monitoring delay so you will probably have to adjust all tracks that are generated internally of Live to be delay compensated against the external instruments.

Welcome to the world of digital and analog clocking. Once you have found the idealsettings save it all make a project template write a note somewhere even. Hopefully that will get you going in the right direction.
 The bsp is solid once you find your system sweet spot(s). If you cannot find it come back and somone here will help.

Filterseducer

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 02:47:46 pm »
Another helpful post there filterseducer.

Thanks, happy it helped.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 02:51:13 pm by Filterseducer »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines