March 28, 2024, 02:50:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 32 bit?  (Read 8101 times)

Mcewan71

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
32 bit?
« on: May 09, 2016, 08:32:24 pm »
Hi,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place - I couldn't see where to place it. I'm a newbie here, and also a newbie pretty much to Soft Synth world so apologies for what may be a fairly dense question. I was looking to buy the V Collection Classics Set (it includes the 2600 so I'm entering this here!) but my OS is a Windows 7 64-bit, as is Ableton Live Suite, which is my DAW. However - I notice the versions in VCC are 32 bit only. I noticed that the full V Collection versions are 64-bit, but trying to find the specs for the individual synths (64 bit or not) I can't see in the relevant pages.

I know obviously that on a Mac you can use a 'bridge' to up from 32 to 64, but my understanding is you can't for Windows.

So - my question is, are the individual onews to buy 64 bit? I ask because I've tried some 32 bit trial synths that haven't been useable in my OS or DAW. And while I'm salivating at the thought of using all these wonderful synths, not so much if I can't use them in my set-up.

Any info or pointers here gratefully received - and thanks!

LBH

Re: 32 bit?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 09:07:15 pm »
Hi,

Where do you have the 32 bit information from and that there are differences between the synth in those collections?

I believe the synths in the two collections are the same. One collection just have more applications than the other.

The stand alone versions are 32 bit. The plug-ins is both 32 and 64 bit.

I use Windows 64 bit and a 64 bit DAW with V-collection.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 09:09:21 pm by LBH »

Mcewan71

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 09:41:47 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for your reply - the info was from here: https://www.arturia.com/v-collection-classics/details

It mentions in the main features 'resolution up to 32 bit'. Is it the full V collection you use with your 64 bit OS & DAW?

Edit - I just realised it says the same in the V Collections main collection: https://www.arturia.com/v-collection/details, while also highlighting the 64-bit feature: https://www.arturia.com/products/analog-classics/v-collection/overview

Hmmm. I must have got these confused!

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 10:01:55 pm »
AH!
What you are referring to is the audio quality. They can go up to 32-bit, 96khz. This is TOTALLY different from the OS or DAW bit-depth thing, completely un-related.
Generally tho, no-one really goes above 24-bit, 48.8khz audio .. but you CAN if you really want to, with the soft-synths.
All the synths have both 32-bit and 64-bit plugin architecture (which is totally separate and un-related to the audio quality settings). You can install both or just one of them. Several of them also have VST3 versions.
I hope that makes sense. :) (tho, yes, it can be confusing .. all these bit-depth things actually referring to different aspects)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:04:45 pm by artao »
This space left intentionally blank.

Mcewan71

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 10:33:33 pm »
Ah, you've just confirmed what I thought (and hoped!) might be the case!

Thanks for helping this newbie. Coincidentally, you've made my day - can hardly wait to get my hands on those synths!

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 10:04:25 pm »
Enjoy!! I'm sure you'll be pleased. I know I am. :)
This space left intentionally blank.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines