March 28, 2024, 10:28:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequencer Sync  (Read 4960 times)

martinl

Sequencer Sync
« on: May 02, 2016, 08:21:22 pm »
Hi there,

I am wondering whether anybody else is having problems with the sequencer loosing sync with the host and other plugins. It seems to me that over long periods, the sequencer slowly is running out of sync, as if it is loosing a sample ever so often.

Cheers,
Martin
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 11:59:01 pm by martinl »

LBH

Re: Sequancer Sync
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 09:08:51 pm »
Hi there,

Are you using System clock?
I guess your host has a option to select that rather than MIDI timestamps if it's not using system clock allready.
I understand System clock is more accurate. But i'm not a technician, so can't explain or tell for sure.
My DAW Studio One is set to System clock by default.

I hav'nt used the Arp sequencer over long time periods. But perhaps this info can help.

martinl

Re: Sequencer Sync
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 12:15:14 am »
As far as I can see, my DAW (Reaper 5.18) uses system events for synchronization (setting on "native events").

But I always thought that this should only affect synchronization to external hardware, not synchronization of one plugin to another, or to the host itself.

I am having a project in which I run one instance of Arturia Spark, one instance of the Jupiter8V with arpeggiator and the APR2600v. While Spark, Jupiter and the system metronome stay in sync, it seems that the 2600v is slightly getting out of sync over time. It is only slightly, so it is actually hard to tell whether it is running ahead or falling behind, but after some minutes of 'free running'. the whole timing starts to sound a bit sloppy.

LBH

Re: Sequencer Sync
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 02:21:04 am »
As far as I can see, my DAW (Reaper 5.18) uses system events for synchronization (setting on "native events").

But I always thought that this should only affect synchronization to external hardware, not synchronization of one plugin to another, or to the host itself.

Yes i believe that's true. But perhaps it also have an impact on internal software, that i don't know about. It was the only thing i could think about.

Perhaps someone else at least can confirm your experience.

It's not good if ARP 2600 drift that much.

Good luck.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines