April 30, 2024, 03:38:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can't Update Firmware  (Read 1572 times)

soulmanure

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Can't Update Firmware
« on: April 24, 2016, 05:05:19 pm »
Or can I?  Ok, so I'm new to sequencers and just got my BSP yesterday.  It turns on.  It works.  It makes my slim phatty do awesome things.  But in the midi center, I'm caught in a loop (pun intended).  It says that the Firmware Version is 'unknown' and that an update is available.  So I update.  I download (either on to my computer or via the center) the latest update, 1.4.0.20, I turn the BSP off, then on, waiting for it to disappear first from the midi center, then the firmware updates, the BSP flashes, and everything comes back online, but once again, it tells me that I need to update.  The BSP shows up as connected in the midi center, and it shows up properly in my device manager under sound video, and game controllers (and I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling there, as well as a firmware factory reset with octave up and down held simultaneously while turning the thing on).  Hopefully, this is just some sort of Kafkaesque version of normal, or I'm just missing something blatantly obvious.  Any suggestions about next steps?  And thanks in advance!

plectromax

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Can't Update Firmware
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 09:02:12 pm »
Same here, driving me crackers. I start MIDI Control Centre, it says an upgrade is ready, I go through the motions, I see it upgrading on the BSP, I click OK at the end of it all. Then next time I start MIDI Control Centre and guess what it says? Yep, "Upgrade  1.4.0.20 available" even though it says it has already done it. I would love to love Arturia products, but this seems par for the course. I sometimes conclude we are all unwitting product testers yet we pay them for it!

soulmanure

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 12:12:16 am »
So, after many frustrating attempts, it turns out, as is all too often the case, to be something that is very simple and didn't occur to me at all until a tech pointed it out: I was plugging my BSP into a hub rather than directly into the computer.  A few minutes ago, I plugged directly into the computer and everything is in working order!  Plectromax, hopefully this is the same for you! 

plectromax

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 03:41:32 pm »
I found that same myself. In all fairness to Arturia, I did notice somewhere that it did say "DON'T USE A HUB" but I figured that seeing as everything else seemed to be functioning, the hub was ok. I fired up the BSP this morning along with the MIDI Control Centre and sure enough, the latest version was showing.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines