April 29, 2024, 03:47:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: beatstep pro - quick erase function for one drum instrument.  (Read 2649 times)

romanov77

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
beatstep pro - quick erase function for one drum instrument.
« on: February 20, 2016, 04:55:43 pm »
hi,

is there a function like on spark le to quick erase one drum instrument pattern instad of all drums with a kind of quick key shortcut.
so i want to erase only the snare pattern e,g but leave all other steps of base and high hat.

sealion

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: beatstep pro - quick erase function for one drum instrument.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 07:49:03 am »
Yes want this feature  so I can clean up a drum build live, or a mute just one drum sound.  At present I have to hold pad for drum and then hit all the lit pads off.  Mute would be better than erase so I could bring back the drum later with the same hits.  I am working live.

ebowen4221

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 06:38:48 pm »
Yes want this feature  so I can clean up a drum build live, or a mute just one drum sound.  At present I have to hold pad for drum and then hit all the lit pads off.  Mute would be better than erase so I could bring back the drum later with the same hits.  I am working live.

I think you can hold DRUM and MUTE on the drum track, followed by the pad you want to mute... I think.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 02:52:24 am »

I think you can hold DRUM and MUTE on the drum track, followed by the pad you want to mute... I think.

Yes, that is how you do it.  To unmute (is that a word?), do the same thing.  To see which pads are muted, just press drum+mute and the muted pads will be lit.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

sonik

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 11:08:20 pm »
Yes but what about when you are recording and you have 4 bars of 16th notes and you want to clear them all with a shortcut? Muting does not solve that problem, so how do you do it I wonder...

yield27

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 03:51:55 am »
Yes but what about when you are recording and you have 4 bars of 16th notes and you want to clear them all with a shortcut? Muting does not solve that problem, so how do you do it I wonder...

you can't right now.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines