April 29, 2024, 11:10:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: help drum kit  (Read 1223 times)

yungbitch

help drum kit
« on: February 15, 2016, 03:24:19 am »
does the beat step already comes with a drum kit inside or do u have to program it using minilab
if it doesnt can someone link me some drum kits i dont know how to make this thing sound :'(

dog01

Re: help drum kit
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 07:40:27 am »
Hi Yungbitch the beatstep pro is a midi and cv controller/ sequencer all sound is generated by whatever it is controlling the unit itself make no sound only triggers things, so you need a sound source to control to use it any hardware musical item with either midi, clock, or cv would work otherwise you can use your computer and any vst or daw you just have to map the midi on the beatstep in mcc software on controller map to control whatever you want for example if you want to control a vst synth on midi channel 3 and you want to control cutoff cc 79 and peak cc16 and waveform select cc 41. you would in the mcc software set the beatstep midi channel to user and the knob 1, 2 or 3 to the cc values mentioned above with a range of 0-127 on midi channel user then send this to your beatstep user the best i have found becuase you can change midi channels on the fly by holding chan   and selecting which midi channel you want with the small step buttons the colors tell which is which  red is controler mode green seq1, yellow is seq2 and purple is drum seq. you may need to close the mcc software once you have send this information. as it does not like sharing midi and come up with errors.

well that should give you  a basic understanding what you need to do look up some tutorials on youtube and consult the manual for more info

regards dog01   

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines