April 29, 2024, 10:45:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Reaper audio issue  (Read 1454 times)

Phantom_smasher

Reaper audio issue
« on: January 24, 2016, 06:50:43 pm »
Hi, I'm new to the forum also new to sequencing. I brought home a beatstep pro today as it seems ideal for what I need. I use reaper as my DAW and so far have been unable to get any sounds out. I initially wanted the beatstep to sequence my Steven slate drums plugin and some softsynths. I have followed the written tutorial, been over it a number of times and so far no luck. Reaper can see the beatstep and the level meter moves when I hit the pads but no audio coming out. any advise?
Thanks in advance

dog01

Re: Reaper audio issue
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 03:10:49 am »
Hi

the beatstep makes no sound it is a midi sequencer all the sound is generated by what you are sequencing if its software then the computer. in this case reaper you need to setup the midi routing and audio routing in reaper then you will hear the sound. The beatstep just sends midi messages/ cv that triggers the sound of whatever it is controlling. if the uv meter lighting up when you hit a pad then your plugin should be being triggered by the beatstep my thoughts are the no audio issue is an issue with reaper and not the beatstep.     

regards dog01       

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines