March 29, 2024, 12:55:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: e-ink display: future uses  (Read 1711 times)

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
e-ink display: future uses
« on: January 23, 2016, 03:03:59 am »
Besides all the obvious things one can think and say about the MatrixBrute, there's something that caught my attention and imagination: Arturia has embraced the use of e-ink display(s).

I'll assume that these are cheaper to use than any other display solution, so this raised my hopes to see, one day, Arturia controllers with a small e-ink "label" display near each control, set through the MIDI Control Center, Analog Lab and script-based DAW integration, like Live, Bitwig, Reason, etc... (so all those text "labels" would be SysEx addressable).

One of the problems with using generic MIDI controllers to control multiple soft-instruments is "which control does what on this synth?" at-a-glance which in real hardware based instruments is usually as simple as looking at the text labels near each control.

Novation SL Mk II sort of addresses this. NI Kontrol also addresses this a little better but with a low count of controls.
So, I keep imagining a future KeyLab series with 1 or 2 line "labels" (e-ink displays) below each of their encoders, faders and buttons :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 03:09:34 am by Koshdukai »

exiannyc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: e-ink display: future uses
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 09:23:13 pm »
+1 on this idea.  I think it's a great one. 

Christian

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines