April 29, 2024, 03:39:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSP and Mainstage  (Read 2253 times)

vini

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
BSP and Mainstage
« on: January 05, 2016, 09:13:59 am »
Hi,

Has someone tried or is using BSP with Mainstage? Just want to have experience from user before maybe buying it.

smutek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: BSP and Mainstage
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 01:56:23 am »
I was messing around with it a little bit just the other night. It seemed cool, but I don't think it's something I'll stick with.

I liked that you can configure your own interface, and I had my BSP working with it. But, overall I found the setup to be really cumbersome, and not intuitive. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if you use Logic regularly, but I've used Ableton for so long that I just got tired of messing around with it.

Sorry, I doubt that's at all helpful.

Too bad there's not a trial or something like that. 

vini

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 03:54:56 am »
Interesting. You didnt had no problem, crashes etc...?

Have you tried to sync BSP+Mainstage to ableton?

Mainstage is my favorite synth/software/plugin ever and I am kind of trying to figure out how to have it play in sync with a hardware+ableton setup.

smutek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 07:14:42 am »
No, no real problems, other than not being familiar with the interface. It's definitely stable. If you're familiar with Mainstage, and like it, I'd definitely suggest getting it. My biggest problem with it was that I'm not familiar with the interface, and it was late.

I haven't tried linking Ableton to Mainstage. I've been using Ableton by itself, with my BSP, my Volcas, and an iPad running Lemur as a control surface. That's super fun - but I've been having issue when recording midi into Ableton from the BSP.

vini

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 08:05:46 am »
Tx mate, much appreciated!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines