April 29, 2024, 01:49:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark2/Spark LE likes to use all beatstep pro sequencers  (Read 4434 times)

jeremyDinsel

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Spark2/Spark LE likes to use all beatstep pro sequencers
« on: December 24, 2015, 09:47:53 pm »
When I have sequencer 2 selected on the beat step pro, I am hearing audio from a mapped MIDI device and the spark. I can also see the SparkLE pad light when I am using sequencer 2. How can I get the spark to only operate on the drum sequencer?

I have setup the ARP 2600 V2 to output on MIDI 1, the Jupiter-8 V2 to output on MIDI 2, and in the MIDI Control Center, I have the drum send and receive set to channel 10 with a drum map of Spark. I'm uncertain what settings, if any, I need to change in the Spark or in the MIDI Control Center to correct this configuration.

How would you have configured this setup?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 12:16:08 am by jeremyDinsel »

jeremyDinsel

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Spark2/Spark LE likes to use all beatstep pro sequencers
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 07:01:33 pm »
After a lot of research, watching many inspiring YouTube videos, etc, I have come to the conclusion that the answer to this question is, "It is not possible to do it this way." The Spark software doesn't appear to have the ability to input or output on a single MIDI channel. Instead, it receives a broadcasting of notes. This is different than the V Collection software which may be configured for a specific channel and hence why this is probably confusing. It begs the question, "Why can I do this with the all of the synths in the V Collection but not with the drum machine?"

To solve this, a DAW is necessary. A MIDI instrument must be setup in the DAW. In doing so, one will create an instrument, drag or assign it to the Spark plugin, set the input to the Beatstep Pro and assign channel 10. By default, this matches the Drum sequencer on the Beatstep pro. Immediately, the Spark will be working only on the drum sequencer. The same set of steps may be followed to add a MIDI instrument controlled by the Beatstep Pro to the other MIDI channels (1, 2, or a custom value). When these steps are complete, the DAW will have isolated the instruments and the Beatstep pro will play them as expected.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines