April 29, 2024, 05:25:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Connecting Beatstep Pro with Microbrute and Spark2  (Read 4397 times)

jeremyDinsel

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Connecting Beatstep Pro with Microbrute and Spark2
« on: December 23, 2015, 09:10:51 pm »
What's the right or maybe just the best way to connect the Beatstep Pro with the Microbrute? I've tried a couple configurations with moderate results.

I followed the suggestions at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOMiTvdb1jk (Beatstep Pro Connectivity video) where I connected three cables for the sequencer CV1. This resulted in the Microbrute being able to produce audio with the Beatstep Pro but only when the external speakers were connected to the Microbrute's headphone jack. Under this configuration, the Spark2 didn't seem to be usable as a drum track -- at least not in a way that produced sound.

I then connected up my SparkLE pad via USB and set the MIDI Control Center's Drum Map to the Spark. I haven't changed any of the cables for the Microbrute, but it no longer produces noise and the Beatstep Pro's sequencer 1 doesn't seem to be mapped to the pads anymore. I tried loading the Microbrute Connection software with it connected by USB. The device is connected, but the devices together are not paired.

So that is what I have done. What is the right thing to do?

jeremyDinsel

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Connecting Beatstep Pro with Microbrute and Spark2
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 09:54:01 pm »
No one has replied, yet, so it's either some holiday weekend or I am asking the question wrong!

I've been watching a lot of tutorial videos as there are many great videos uploaded by Arturia and the general public. However, everyone of these is starting from a point that is more advanced than where I am starting. All of the videos are using the same connections between the Beatstep Pro and the Microbrute, but it seems that everyone is using the line out from the Microbrute, too. I can see a cable connected to the line out port on the back of the Microbrute in almost all videos.

No one seems to comment on this connection. So it must be obvious to everyone but me. Where is this cable going? I have my external speakers connected to the MacBook Pro I use to run the software side components. Maybe you have a similar setup. Would you mind commenting on how you have setup your Microbrute and Beatstep Pro?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 10:31:11 pm »
Hi .Do you have a sound card so you can run the audio out of the micro brute to to the input of the sound card so you can get sound through your comp?

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

jeremyDinsel

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 11:18:49 pm »
No, I have a MacBook Pro which only has sound out.

StutzJr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 12:32:49 pm »
Did you WANT to run the microbrute through the laptop?  There are several options for budget USB audio interfaces, or maybe you could run the spark and the brute into a mixer and connect that to your amplifier/speakers.

http://www.wirerealm.com/guides/top-10-best-audio-interfaces

Alternatively you could just get another set of cheap/second hand/portable speakers for the microbrute.

jeremyDinsel

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 12:15:17 am »
Thanks for the follow up. This information was very helpful.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines