April 28, 2024, 09:58:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Question about sequencing MIDI CC with Arturia Beatstep Pro/changing MIDI veloci  (Read 3431 times)

ckpk

Hi all

I'm in the process of getting myself a sweet little home setup (a Roland system-1m is currently waiting for me at home), and I'm looking at getting an arturia beatstep pro as the backbone of the whole thing.

One major question I have though, is it possible to sequence MIDI CC data? I know you can send CC data in control mode, but I want to be able to write a whole song including parameter automation and save it as a beatstep pro project.

I'm guessing/hoping this can be done through the velocity sequencing mode, but if so, my next question is how do you change the parameter destination of the data sent in velocity mode?

The manual doesn't show anything about doing this on the synth, or in the MIDI control center, so my final question is this:

Using one of these handy things, could I re-map MIDI velocity out of the beatstep pro to be a CC value? (apologies if that's a nooby question, my MIDI knowledge is lacking)

If it helps, the plan for the whole setup will be system-1m in MIDI (sequencer 1), system-1m in CV/alesis micron in MIDI (sequencer 2), korg volca sample in MIDI filtered correctly by the MIDI router (drum sequencer).

Point being ideally I'd be able to sequence the notes/beats on the beatstep pro, but also all available CC inputs on the synths/drum machine (though I'll probably only be able to do one at most from the looks of things), and then save it all as a project.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 11:38:45 am by ckpk »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines