April 29, 2024, 12:35:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: What am I doing wrong? Ableton + Beatstep Pro  (Read 2745 times)

playtolive

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
What am I doing wrong? Ableton + Beatstep Pro
« on: December 11, 2015, 04:25:01 pm »

Hi Guys,

Im going to try and explain this as simple as possible. 

I use BSP as slave so Ableton is sending clock to the BSP over USB.  Its set to USB.  When I hit the play button transport in Ableton and record the incoming midi from the BSP the midi clip starts to record like an 1/8th note too late and is out of snyc??  So the timing is clearly off which makes the BSP UNUSEABLE IN THIS SITUATION.  My work around which im not completely satisfied with is to make the BSP the Master and Ableton slave and then send my midi out from my BSP to my Motu Microlite MIDI hub.    The problem with this way is it makes it inconvenient to work as BSP as the master clock, and when you hit play there are some notes skipping then eventually after a couple bars it sorts itself out.  What am I doing wrong?  My setting seem to be accurate.

On a side note.  When BSP is the master clock and im sending midi notes to my DSI Evolver desktop synth and I press stop on the BSP.  The project stops (which is fine)  When I resume and press play on the BSP everything starts but I get no sound from my Evolver?  I have to restart the patch which ends up in my losing my changes to the patch.

Come on Arturia you have a very good product but seems to be allot of bugs still.  Who else is having timing issues in Ableton or other DAW's?

thanks and regards

playtolive

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: What am I doing wrong? Ableton + Beatstep Pro
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 04:41:17 pm »
BTW Ideally how I would like it to work:  Ableton is master clock, BSP is slave.  I hit play in Ableton then the BSP sequencer starts and everything is in sync.  Hope this is possible since its supposed to be a basic function of this machine.

Zymos

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 05:36:46 pm »
That's how I do it, and it works perfectly. I send the clock out from Live to the BSP and other devices, and the sync between them is solid.
Maybe it works so well because I'm only using Live as a way to control everything, not hosting any VSTs?

Mowgli

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 09:08:30 pm »
I've been trying to sync my BSP to a Rhythm Wolf for a while and no luck. I've tried all the possible permutations of master/slave and gate, MIDI and USB going through my laptop. What am I missing? is it flawed?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines