April 29, 2024, 04:47:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sync not happening  (Read 1565 times)

Mowgli

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Sync not happening
« on: December 10, 2015, 03:10:13 pm »
I've been trying to sync my BSP to my Rhythm Wolf for a while now to no avail. I've tried gate and MIDI and different configurations of master/slave  but although the speed appears to be the same on both machines they are out of sync, enough for them to be an unusable combo.
When I set the RW as master, I get all its MIDI, not just the clock going through the BSP to Ableton, which is not what I wanted!

Is there a way to fix all this?
I can't believe I'm having so many problems with sync using something that's marketed as the control center for your rig.

Mowgli

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Sync not happening
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 03:22:01 pm »
After a lot of fiddling I managed to sync them both using Ableton as the master, there goes my intention of not using a computer  :-\

Edit: I spoke too soon, it's in sync when it feels like it, very frustrating
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 03:37:50 pm by Mowgli »

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Sync not happening
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 06:04:53 am »
Which firmware?
I am running my Rhythm Wolf directly from my BSP via a drum channel gate out.  Just a 1/8" jack to jack cable from ch8 gate out to RWolf gate in.  Set RWolf to "gat" in sync (shift 13), choose your pattern and press start on the RWolf in readiness for the first gate signal from the BSP.  The benefit of using gate sync over midi is you have use of the transport controls on your RWolf whereas they are disabled in midi sync mode.
Also, using the channel gate method for syncing, you can create odd patterns to gate the RWolf for a "jazz" feel.  And between setting the step speed division on the BSP and the RWolf, you have infinitely more control over the RWolf than you ever would using midi.  In fact, if you are playing your Rhythm Wolf using it's sequencer only, there is no need for the midi in port on it to be used whatsoever.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines