September 21, 2024, 09:00:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Extremely strange behaviour - Solved  (Read 3303 times)

Guy Brush

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Extremely strange behaviour - Solved
« on: December 04, 2015, 04:46:10 am »
So i have bought this little machine to make music but it doesn't look like its going to happen very soon.

I have hooked it up to Cubase 5 and Ableton Live 9 to see wich one works for me. In Cubase i have loaded it into 2 midi channels where one has midi channel 10 for the drum sequencer and the other one with midi channel 1 for sequence one. When i put in some drum notes everything is fine, the bassdrum plays. Then i set up the second cubase channel for sequence one and although it has midi channel 1 it plays the rhythm of the drum sequence i.e. the bass drum notes. I can change the cubase midi channel to whatever i want and the result stays the same. It keeps on playing the bassdrum notes with the sound of the synth in that channel.
In Ableton this happens too. The Bassdrum rhythm always bleeds somehow through to the other channel. Strangely enough when i record a sequence in Ableton in realtime, the moment i press the record button on the bsp again to step out of recording all the step buttons get lit and its getting weird. Sorry, but thats too much for me, whats going on??? This doesn't happen in Cubase but in Cubase i am now at a point, where all Cubase VST Instruments play their sequence from their BSP Channel but also all the other notes from the other sequences. Holy moly...

In Cubase i did check the midi monitor in the channel and it actually shows that it is receiving notes on midi channel 1 but still plays the other rhythm. Can't sort this out. This is not normal. I even checked the settings in the Midi Control Center and everything looks normal. Also sometimes some steps that i set can't be erased by pressing them again. I'm going crazy...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 03:14:04 pm by Guy Brush »

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: Extremely strange behaviour
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 09:32:56 am »
Hi Guy Brush,

Hum i guess you should have a look at this tutorial :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-1e9zXr5JIlamltb2g4dnBDUzA/edit

.......testing.......

Guy Brush

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 01:01:37 pm »
Ok i went through this earlier. This time i realised i forgot to tick "Filter" instead of "Transform". But...no change in the behaviour. I will test it today on an different Cubase when i find one.

Valentin Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 01:57:00 pm »
Hi,
It sounds like if it's playing the metronome part. You can set/disable metronome using [SHIFT]+[TAP/METRO]. When you press [SHIFT] look at the [TAP/METRO] button :
lit -> metro enable
off -> disable

Guy Brush

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 02:26:32 pm »
No, but thanks. I sorted this out earlier. When i press a pad in  the Drum Sequencer i can hear the sound of the bassdrum from groove agent and the prologue synth in the second cubase track at the same time. When i switch to the Sequencer 1 channel and press a pad, it works normally, i hear only the prologue synth then.
I installed now Cubase Elements 8 Trial and it behaves the same. But i can't find the Track filter/transformation section in this trial version too. So is there basically anybody at all who got BSP working flawlessly in sync with Cubase?

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 02:31:01 pm »
Have a look to this extremely good tutorial of Terry !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHODr7AKdic
.......testing.......

Guy Brush

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 03:13:43 pm »
Have a look to this extremely good tutorial of Terry !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHODr7AKdic

Thanks to all of you. I have it now sorted out. I didn't turn on the power button of the track filter modules in Cubase. Now it is separated nicely. Thanks for all your helping words. I will come back if i spot other problems.
What i want to suggest to Arturia: It would be totally cool to be able to assign the drum pads in drum mode to different midi channels. But there are workarounds for multitimbral use. CU  :-*

Guy Brush

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Extremely strange behaviour - Solved
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 04:34:18 pm »
The one thing i don't understand: Why do we have to separate the midi channels with a midi filter in Cubase or Ableton at all, if the BSP is sending its tracks over different midi channels anyways?  ::)

turbo_kev

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 06:49:07 pm »
Because if you don't all tracks will receive all 3 outputs from the bsp

I think in cubase all tracks  receive   Omni / all   16 channels   unless you use the midi filter and force a track to only receive on a certain midi channel

I may be wrong but I don't think I am

cheers
kev
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

Guy Brush

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 10:22:25 pm »
Because if you don't all tracks will receive all 3 outputs from the bsp

I think in cubase all tracks  receive   Omni / all   16 channels   unless you use the midi filter and force a track to only receive on a certain midi channel

I may be wrong but I don't think I am

cheers
kev

Thx, sounds plausible.

Guy Brush

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 11:04:50 pm »
And again, like countless times before we are now at a point where something that appeared as a bug in the beginning now presents itself as a feature. I love internet forums.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines