May 23, 2024, 05:17:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: pads only doing chromatic scale  (Read 3157 times)

dermichl

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
pads only doing chromatic scale
« on: December 02, 2015, 10:53:40 pm »
it seems like the pads always do a chromatic scale - so selecting a different scale does only change which notes can be dialed in with the knobs?!?

i'd be happy to get the 16 pads play 2 octaves of a scale (given that the scale consists of 8 notes only as in major, minor...)!

Steinberger

Re: pads only doing chromatic scale
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 06:30:37 am »
Yep. Scale is only for the knobs. It would be nice to have the keys light up with only the notes in the selected scale for sure.

dermichl

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 06:54:41 am »
ok, thank's for answering. just to be clear i don't want the pads associated with a certain scale only to be lit but i'd be happy to get notes from this scale only. so all the pads only sound 'appropriate' notes in 2 octaves (lower row is one octave upper row is octave above).

StutzJr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 09:03:45 pm »
I agree, I've also wanted to be able to have the pads change to suit the selected scale and not just the knobs.  Seems like a sensible feature that should just work, maybe it could be a toggle in the MCC... if I could change any one thing about the bsp this would be it.

I had kind of given up on the idea that this may ever been implemented, but after the recent firmware update where they added features like chaining that they had previously said were not possible - how can Arturia hope to manage expectations now?  If enough people request a feature it might just get added?

faster

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 01:38:44 pm »
It would be an awesome addition, they could even leave it as it is, just the 8 notes as it is now, but relevant to scale .....and with combination of faders...

syrupcore

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 12:10:02 am »
ok, thank's for answering. just to be clear i don't want the pads associated with a certain scale only to be lit but i'd be happy to get notes from this scale only. so all the pads only sound 'appropriate' notes in 2 octaves (lower row is one octave upper row is octave above).

Big Plus 1.

And with touch support on the knobs along with plenty of modifier buttons, why not add 16 more scales. :) Greedy, I know.

If you have access to it, you should be able to program the sequencer with Thumbjam though that sorta misses the purpose of having the pads.

Hmm... Thumbjam does have a "White Keys*" only mode that takes whatever white keys you send it on MIDI in, conforms it to the current scale, and then sends the MIDI back out (or to its internal sounds). Wonder if you send only the bottom row of the BSP to TJ and then loop it back into the BSP if it would work to record?

*White keys mode is a little hard to describe but stupidly easy to play. It turns the white keys on a keyboard into the on screen 'tines' or bars in TJ. It's kind of magic.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines