April 28, 2024, 12:41:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Trouble sequencing two synths via MIDI and CV+Gate  (Read 1831 times)

noirdeuil

Trouble sequencing two synths via MIDI and CV+Gate
« on: November 25, 2015, 08:16:36 pm »
I’m trying to send Sequencer 1 to a synth via MIDI and send Sequencer 2 to another synth via CV+Gate.

The problem is that the 1st synth also receives whatever I’m doing on Seq. 2 and I end up with the 1st synth (MIDI) playing both sequences simultaneously.

I selected Seq. 2, "press and hold CHAN" and choose another MIDI channel but the BeatStep Pro seems to be locked to CHAN 1.

The other weird thing is that I CAN change the MIDI channel on Sequencer 1, but then it changes it to the same channel on Sequencer 2 and the Drum Sequencer.

I’ve gone into the MIDI Control Center and tried changing the MIDI channels manually but it still doesn’t change them in the Hardware.

Does anyone out there know how to fix this?

Thanks!
Alex

splubp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Trouble sequencing two synths via MIDI and CV+Gate
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 11:26:55 pm »
I had this problem - it''s not currently possible to disable midi output on either sequencer - but I was able to change the midi channel for each seq via the MCC.

noirdeuil

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 02:01:50 am »
That's the other issue, if i update the channels in MCC the hardware still overrides it.

Zymos

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 05:56:05 pm »
With the earlier version of MCC  all changes were live, but this is no longer the case. Are you sure you are actually saving the changes to the BSP?

randyandy

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 04:52:12 am »
I'm having a similar problem where I am sequencing a drum machine through midi, and a synth with seq 1 through cv/gate. Seq 1 is also sending midi signals to the drum machine even though it's set on a different channel which leads to some pretty random drumming. Major problem for me.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines