May 23, 2024, 06:08:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Video of 1.2.0.6 performance at its best (not great)  (Read 1742 times)

Garak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Video of 1.2.0.6 performance at its best (not great)
« on: October 23, 2015, 06:42:28 pm »
Example 1

This is my recording with the firmware everyone was told to upgrade to the moment they got it out of the box at release date. No idea what version. Sometimes I wonder if it would have worked better without upgrading...

http://youtu.be/DZqTZiuxwvM
No support, no explanation and no firmware were provided for at least a month. Users were expected to test and report after being told they were wrong and dumb and should have upgraded to the new firmware. Then weeks later we'd get a rude email saying they'd reported it as a bug. No eta. No real explanation of all the behaviour. Hence my fairly sour mood.

So tonight I've recorded the new firmware,1.2.0.6 which came out a couple of weeks ago? as is typical I missed some of its worst behaviour. But let's be fair, it worked some of the time, fairly predictably:

http://youtu.be/UNgJzojBSAA
This is 1.2.0.6 upgrade, you can see it just doesn't like you holding down two notes temporarily, I'd prefer new note override which would reflect any other monophonic sequencer or synth.

http://youtu.be/_aOKkws5PPY
This shows it works ok with one note at a time recording (depending on its mood in reality) but that rerecording over the sequence as it loops is useless - perhaps this is too much to ask, fine.

http://youtu.be/NjAutvU_F-o
This is a small example of the weird notes you can get randomly. I know Arturia will blame the issue on the fact I didn't clear the sequence, I just reloaded the empty sequence (which is only set up for 64 steps) if I clear the sequence I lose the 64 steps, making demonstration and filming difficult. But also seriously annoying every time you have to start a fresh sequence. This was a kind tip from a beta tester, save an empty 64 step sequence and reload it if you make a mistake.

http://youtu.be/JxGf832XzaU
Lastly a demo of how your whole sequence can get recorded as C-0 for no reason, this happens a lot, for no one reason, and by the end of the video kinda rights. Itself eventually. This kinda thing is regular. Along with weird blips when you press non note keys like load sequence or change octave (intermittent).

I'm not actually trying to make anything musical obviously, and frustratingly a whole bunch of other behaviours including pressing one note at a time and it still not recording the note length, or the note at all, happened between takes. So you are literally seeing this thing perform at its best.

Soul_Processor

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Video of 1.2.0.6 performance at its best (not great)
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 09:00:43 pm »
yeah I also noticed some of these bugs. if earlier firmwares were actually more stable, please provide them again until fixing those bugs in the next update...

I also find it very annoying that if you clear a 4bar sequence, you have to lenghten the pattern again, because it goes back to 1bar.

ArguZ

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 11:21:37 am »
I find it annoying that people do not save their personal defaults as defaults and then go back to the real defaults and complain about it.

Learn the machine, do not try to force your way on it.

Garak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 01:43:53 pm »
I find it annoying that people do not save their personal defaults as defaults and then go back to the real defaults and complain about it.

Learn the machine, do not try to force your way on it.

Wow, you could have said "there is a way to save the default sequence to 64 steps" which seems to be what you're implying, but last time I discussed this on the forum, no one, including the beta testers were aware of or suggested it.

I myself have been over and over that software and have not noticed this feature - true I wasn't looking for it. Hard to look for something you don't know exists.

And It isn't in the manual anywhere I can find - why? Because the MCC software is poorly documented.

Filterseducer

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 02:52:51 pm »

"Wow, you could have said "there is a way to save the default sequence to 64 steps"

Lol. I find Garak's vids are good info, cause they show how buggy the BsP could be. I've purchased one after reading the manual and watching arturia's online vids, where everything is easy-funny-funky; then I've found myself with a unit lacking features described on the manual and fuzzy bugs all around. Hope potential purchasers will watch them and get advised about the dark side of this white device.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 03:08:10 pm by Filterseducer »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines