May 01, 2024, 06:39:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Question for BSP and Ableton Live users.  (Read 1456 times)

Old_School

Question for BSP and Ableton Live users.
« on: October 22, 2015, 05:22:48 am »
Curious how others have the two set up for ease of track creation.

1st issue I noticed was that Ableton when clocked slaved to BSP takes about 16-24 bars to get up to stable BPM sync. Is there a way to remedy this?

Also followed the Arturia tutorial on setting up BSP with Ableton but I noticed that I have to hit play on the BSP to be able to record on a clip which obvious throws timing off. Meaning that I can no longer do a 4 count and then record clip as transport is no locked to BSP. I suppose it's fine if you are not recording to clips but I am wonder how others have it set up.

Essentially I want to start my tracks with the BSP as my starting point, for at least drums, and go from there. Right now certain issues are slowing down my workflow.

oopsi

Re: Question for BSP and Ableton Live users.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 04:07:48 am »
You may have better results with Ableton Live as master to BSP. This way BSP starts and stops with live's transport. You can record in your parts to BSP and when happy with your results you can then record in/capture on a Live midi track if you want to record it this way. Or you can have the midi routed permanently so you play the BSP live into Live.  This is the way I work with Live and BSP btw.
There is a small delay on my system with midi which I guess is system dependant but it's easy to nudge notes in Live's tracks to compensate rather than calculate track delay times.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines