April 28, 2024, 07:27:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Simultaneous CV and MIDI  (Read 3932 times)

Groakes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Simultaneous CV and MIDI
« on: October 15, 2015, 01:30:32 am »
Hi - I appear to be having an issue driving a Moog Prodigy via CV and a Mopho (via MIDI) off the same sequencer. When I have just the Mopho plugged in it works fine (over MIDI channel 1), but when I plug the Prodigy in only it plays. Does the BSP only allow one mechanism to be driven by a particular sequencer or have I missed something...?
cheers
Greg

Old_School

Re: Simultaneous CV and MIDI
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 04:18:46 pm »
I think it's possible that it's only midi or CV per sequencer. I assume you're trying to send the same pattern to two synths. If either CV or midi work individually but not simultaneously then your only option might be to use a midi splitter.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 06:24:25 am »
I'm running a Pulse 2 via midi and one osc of a Nandamonium via cv off the same sequence, then running the cv out of the Pulse 2 (following the same midi notes fed to the Pulse 2 from the BSP) into the second osc in the Nandamonium.  The all work at the same time.
I couldn't tell you for the life of me if the notes of the two cv sources match, as the Nandamonium is a drone synth with the strangest cv implementation I have ever come across; it doesn't follow any scale it would seem and does really odd stuff at 2.5v and above, which is great for space noises.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Old_School

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 01:29:09 am »
From my understanding Sequencer 1 is MIDI or CV, same with sequencer 2. One or the other. I know I can run drum sequencer to whatever drum synth, Seq 1 to whatever (let's say a VST) synth, Seq 2 I run MIDI to my MiniBrute and then I run CV from MiniBrute to my Microbrute same pattern. With MIDI you can run up to 16 devices with two separate sequences via the BSP. With CV you have two sequences via two sequencers (Seq 1 & 2 BSP). So a MIDI splitter box or perhaps a CV splitter (assuming there is still enough voltage after split) should do the trick for you.

Not sure how the circuitry in the BSP works so I don't know even with a firmware update if a sequencer can simultaneously send MIDI and CV out. Curious if you could do a combo of CV drum gates out and MIDI channel 10 information same time as well.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 03:23:29 am »
I've no trouble running midi and cv from seq1 or 2 to any device.  I have my cv patch leads plugged in constantly and am always swapping which lead is connected to the nandamonium.  My midi signal never drops-out when cv is connected and I clock my Rhythm Wolf to my BSP via drum gate 8 with no disruption to the drum seq.  Dunno what I'm doing different to everyone else but cv and midi is no problem for me.
I have both my pitch cv outputs set to Hz/V and both seq1 and 2 gates set to S-trigger.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Old_School

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 04:04:58 am »
To CV Moog gear properly you need to attenuate the output to 5v as BSP outputs 10v.

Steinberger

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 05:17:41 am »
The BSP sends both CV/Gate and MIDI simultaneously from the sequencers.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines