September 21, 2024, 07:19:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SH-101 constant portamento?  (Read 2806 times)

Steinholtz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
SH-101 constant portamento?
« on: October 03, 2015, 12:04:32 pm »
Another issue with the BSP: One thing I really like about the Roland SH-101 is that the Portamento/Slide circuit is still active when controlling it via CV/Gate. Many synths from that time bypasses the portamento/slide circuit when connected to CV/Gate. The SH-101 has an AUTO and ON mode; ON mode is when portamento is always on and AUTO is only when you play legato you get slide. However when i use the BSP, the SH101 AUTO portamento behaves like the ON mode, so no matter if a play legato or not legato I get portamento! :( This is most frustrating and I'm stuck with the built in slide of the BSP which has a fixed speed.

So is this a bug or what is going on? Can anyone else with an SH-101 and BSP confirm if they are experiencing the same?

Steinholtz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: SH-101 constant portamento?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 12:28:13 pm »
That is absolutely not true. AUTO portamento work fine with CV/gate on SH101 - I have used it with a Doepfer MCV4, Kenton Pro solo, and I have it hooked up to a Kenton PRO 2000 as I am writing this, using the auto mode to get slide only on legato notes. But using the BSP - portamento is always on.

vykaar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: SH-101 constant portamento?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 11:01:34 pm »
Yes thanks you are correct and it does work with the Kenton pro solo but you have to switch off multiple trigger option on the Kenton. I am unable to get auto portamento working properly using the Doepfer Darktime or the Beatstep pro going into the cv and gate inputs of my SH101.

I just tried the SH101 with the CV and 10v gate from my Analog Keys and there was slight glide on non legato notes in auto mode. Strangely the Doepfer Darktime in auto mode has no glide so it seems the SH101 is very fussy about the gate it receives and probably doesn't like step sequencers - John at Kenton really thinks of all possibilities when he designs his Midi to CV boxes.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 12:27:33 am by vykaar »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines