April 29, 2024, 12:25:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sending back BsP  (Read 3830 times)

Filterseducer

Sending back BsP
« on: September 27, 2015, 08:51:00 pm »
Sending back the unit tomorrow. I spent weeks trying to set up this crappy toy and it still has lots of issues and capricious behaviour.
Question: how many gear in you setup is giving you so much pain in order to play with it? In my personal case BsP is the only one.
Guys don't spend your musical time trying to discover workarounds to make this crap to work.

Arturia you are a bunch of unprofessional liers. (professional liers too)

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Sending back BsP
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 08:06:07 am »
Have you got the LFO's on your Blofeld to sync to midi yet?
Did you buy a Waldorf Q?
Did you ever try to install an RFX board into your E-MU e5k ultra and have it function in stereo?

Go look at the state of the M-Audio Trigger Finger, which is another step-sequencer/midi controller.

Try buying a video game just before Christmas that doesn't need to be updated before it will even run on any platform *OUT OF THE BOX*.

Arturia is doing the right thing by us.  Just because every bug is not fixed by the 3rd firmware update does not mean they won't be fixed.
Until then it would be nice to keep hearing about workarounds here, not dummy spits.

It gets old hearing the same thing over and over.  Anyone who is thinking of returning their machine, do us all a favour and just do it.  We don't need to hear about you doing it.  This is not a victim support group, it's a user forum.  We are not your sponsors.  You want to make a statement of your dissatisfaction?  Email the company directly.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Filterseducer

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 08:41:30 am »
looks like u have time for a long reply. Save a little bit to fix your BsP, as arturia will not.
Every day people like you, in an effort to be cool, are defending that what is wrong. Will you accept a car that struggles to accelerate, or a coffe machine that works randomly? Maybe you simply like to buy fussy products and then visit forums in order to make them work. Amazing.
By the way, I'm not surprised about the gear examples you mentionned: when you got crap, its just crap.
Fix less issues, buy decent gear, play more music.

oopsi

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 09:22:30 am »

What is it that is not working for you with the BSP? I have got the unit working in a cv/midi rig with midi over usb to daw and conventional din to hardware, lots of midi clock flying around! lol. It took a little head scratching to figure out certain things and plenty of re-reading of the manual (funny how much one can miss when skim reading a pdf, would prefer a printed manual but oh well). If you haven't sent back the unit yet perhaps I or someone else here can help?   

Filterseducer

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 10:51:09 am »
Hi Oopsi,

Thanks for the answer and your willing to help. True, reading the manual was good so far; even I've printed it out and got it close while using the unit.

What is not working? hard to say, as different little problems seems to appear every day: what was ok yesterday isn't today. Can say that sync to and from my DAW works randomly.
Notes are held after stopping seqs when using CV's. Suddenly my seqs play 2or 3 octaves higher.
After last firmware update seq1 note range allows me to play from F#2 to A3, I can transpose it but the range between "playable" notes remains the same.
Roller-looper, well... you need to be lucky in a live-perf sitaution.
Saving projects and patterns seems not working neither.
And lots of liitle fussy things that are hard to describe. I can live with some bugs... but when a sequencer doesn't sync or pitch correctly after some fw releases, it's simply unacceptable.
I was using it in a USB and CV setup.
DHL is coming to pick it up today.  :-X
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 10:54:24 am by Filterseducer »

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 12:34:08 pm »
looks like u have time for a long reply. Save a little bit to fix your BsP, as arturia will not.
Every day people like you, in an effort to be cool, are defending that what is wrong. Will you accept a car that struggles to accelerate, or a coffe machine that works randomly? Maybe you simply like to buy fussy products and then visit forums in order to make them work. Amazing.
By the way, I'm not surprised about the gear examples you mentionned: when you got crap, its just crap.
Fix less issues, buy decent gear, play more music.

Return your machine quickly, please.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Filterseducer

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 01:20:07 pm »
lol, finally a good advice from you. You'll find it on the B-Stock items in thomann, you can buy it for a few coins cheaper than the original price. Will be easy for you to recognize it: it doesn't syncs properly and it shows some scratches all around the USB port , as the paint goes off easily. Play good music.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 01:39:56 pm by Filterseducer »

Beatstep303

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 03:36:12 am »

Return your machine quickly, please.
[/quote]

Who do you actually think you are on here? The guy has a genuine issue with the BSP as do many others and every single unit is flawed with these bugs and you're in some daydream pretending it's all sunshine, rainbows and dolphin bubbles.

You seriously need to shut your cakehole!

Beatstep303

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 03:41:03 am »
lol, finally a good advice from you. You'll find it on the B-Stock items in thomann, you can buy it for a few coins cheaper than the original price. Will be easy for you to recognize it: it doesn't syncs properly and it shows some scratches all around the USB port , as the paint goes off easily. Play good music.

Filterseducer: Hahaha, Mark is a known troll and all round fruit cake on here and dislikes hearing the truth and the rhythm wolf, I can only assume because he can no longer return either. Good on you for not accepting the many flaws, I too returned mine but checked back to see how they got on with the update, no surprises it's still as buggy and flawed as ever, shame really..... get the social entropy engine, out soon..........

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 04:00:52 am »
Early adoption of anything technology based is going to face these sorts of issues in any field whether it be musical instruments, mobile phones, video games, even cars.  You take a big risk when you buy the first run of anything.  Putting your
Jumping in on the Engine is putting yourself in for a chance to win the "This isn't what I thought it would be!" sweepstakes again.

You guys really need to get lives. You don't even own the machine any more yet you still come here to troll.
Okay, feeding time is over.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 06:36:49 am by megamarkd »

Nik_Olsen

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 12:13:54 am »
Pretty much thinking the same as the OP.
Ive persevered with the BSP and it just doesn't like it will work for me, sync to Ableton is poor although by sounds of it that could be more Lives issue.
Im going to give it another month to see if a decent fix comes along or I may just end up using it a different way in a purely hardware standalone setup otherwise its going on eBay

oopsi

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 12:56:14 am »
Hi Oopsi,

Thanks for the answer and your willing to help. True, reading the manual was good so far; even I've printed it out and got it close while using the unit.

What is not working? hard to say, as different little problems seems to appear every day: what was ok yesterday isn't today.

This reply may be too late but...
Intermittent faults like this can make you feel like you're going mad and leave you doubting your own actions but I too have had at least two instances of saved sequences in a project just disappearing while working on it even though I was very careful to save after editing. 

Can say that sync to and from my DAW works randomly.

Sync over usb has been solid for me since the .4 firmware and noticed that tempo value readout improved i.e. got closer to what was actually being sent on the .6 revision.
Try bypassing usb completely and see if sync over midi is good. Just to confirm it is a usb issue solely.
Usb can be a tricky beast especially on windows machines when the usb is maxed out with devices. I would unplug all but the most necessary i.e keyboard, mouse and try BSP sync with midi-ox.     

Notes are held after stopping seqs when using CV's.
Haven't noticed this myself. Is this repeatable if so what steps to take to repeat?

Suddenly my seqs play 2or 3 octaves higher.

Okay I have noticed when changing from sending sequences out from BSP to daw a jump in pitch which I have put down to a midi/cv scaling issue. Has been mentioned in a few reviews sonicstate, sos.   

After last firmware update seq1 note range allows me to play from F#2 to A3, I can transpose it but the range between "playable" notes remains the same.

I found I had to adjust my minibrute cv scaling pot when I first started using the BSP as I was not getting to the lower bass register. But are you saying that you can't play a full chromatic scale even if it is set to play chromatic in the midi control centre?   

Roller-looper, well... you need to be lucky in a live-perf sitaution.

Not sure which I'm using I need to check the manual but it's the one that is available in sequencer mode not the other. lol! Anyway it's working here keeps in sync just takes a little practise getting the timing right. I don't believe it's quantised to the nearest beat and am in two minds whether or not it should be.   

Saving projects and patterns seems not working neither.
Up until yesterday I would have said I haven't experienced this but then my BSP had a funny moment and just deleted two patterns from a saved project built up of four patterns. The first and last pattern in the project remained patterns 2 and 3 disappeared.   

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines