April 27, 2024, 03:09:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: new firmware - everything's ok now?  (Read 4053 times)

thesoulcatcher

new firmware - everything's ok now?
« on: September 24, 2015, 11:20:43 am »
so arturia kept their word and delivered a firmware upgrade with lotsa bugfixes.
I badly want to buy one, if its working as expected now, so please report your experiences after upgrading firmware :)

ArguZ

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: new firmware - everything's ok now?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 11:50:08 am »
Just go and buy one and help us to make it even better...

thesoulcatcher

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 01:14:31 pm »
Just go and buy one and help us to make it even better...

will def. buy one if it works properly now!
are there any plans for adding a "pattern chain" feature?

Computer Controlled

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Facebook Place
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 01:02:37 am »
Patterns still don't change after end of current pattern playing.  Which is silly.  I don't get it.  I'm also reading of problems of it not sending sequences while being slaved.  Still needs much work!
Stuff: SH-101 . aJuno-1/PG-300 . TB-3 . TR-8 . TT-303 . Korg ES2 . SQ-1 . BeatStep Pro . MSQ-100

Zymos

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 01:40:02 am »
I've ONLY used it slaved. Of course it sends sequences.

Steinberger

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 01:43:58 am »

Me too but I also use with CV/Gate and don't get any of this quirky behavior people are talking about.

teezdalien

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 02:07:51 am »

Mine stopped working as a slave with the new firmware. I've had to revert back to 1.1.1.6 until Arturia get back to me and/or sort out this problem.
I use a Windows 10 (x64) machine fwiw.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 01:30:22 pm »
Patterns still don't change after end of current pattern playing.  Which is silly.  I don't get it.  I'm also reading of problems of it not sending sequences while being slaved.  Still needs much work!

It would be nice to have that feature, but I must say, I have another step-sequencer that does wait until the end of the current pattern before changing and when using that, there are many times I wished I could change to a particular pattern before the current one had ended.  The grass is always greener on the other side of the hill, that said, both modes would be great.  A perfect way to do this would be shift+pattern-up/down button.  If the BSP is to wait until the end of the current pattern before changing, then there potentially is plenty of time to use the pattern-up/down buttons to choose the sequence you want to change to.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Computer Controlled

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Facebook Place
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 09:12:02 am »

It would be nice to have that feature, but I must say, I have another step-sequencer that does wait until the end of the current pattern before changing and when using that, there are many times I wished I could change to a particular pattern before the current one had ended.  The grass is always greener on the other side of the hill, that said, both modes would be great.  A perfect way to do this would be shift+pattern-up/down button.  If the BSP is to wait until the end of the current pattern before changing, then there potentially is plenty of time to use the pattern-up/down buttons to choose the sequence you want to change to.

The BsP is the ONLY sequencer i've ever used that behaves the way it does.  All other sequencers behave in the "wait until end of pattern to switch" way. Which is how it should be.  Imagine if drum machines changed patterns right away, it would be a nightmare.  I work totally pattern based, on the fly. So i'm always hitting pattern buttons to switch sequences, and having to time it just right on the BsP is a work flow killer for me.  And i just can't fathom why they didn't fix this in the new update. They obviously didn't read the Feature Request thread =o]
Stuff: SH-101 . aJuno-1/PG-300 . TB-3 . TR-8 . TT-303 . Korg ES2 . SQ-1 . BeatStep Pro . MSQ-100

psn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2015, 09:28:12 am »
The BsP is the ONLY sequencer i've ever used that behaves the way it does.  All other sequencers behave in the "wait until end of pattern to switch" way.

The recent Elektrons (Rytm/Analog4)  let you choose whether you want to switch immediately or at the next pattern end.

The problem for Arturia is that each sequence can be of different lengths, so the issue is slightly complicated by having sequences that don't necessarily align at the end. Elektron solved the alignment issue by having a "master length" setting for the whole sequence.  Ie if the master length is 64, then the pattern will be considered to be anding ending after 64 steps, regardless of the length of the different voices' sequence length.

RichMakeGame

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2015, 01:52:21 pm »
My suggestion would be use the longest pattern, or if thats not possible then the drum track, since i think that determines the clock out resolution currently

Valentin Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 11:19:13 am »
Hi,
We're working to implement the wait to change pattern for the next firmware. As RichMakeGame guess it will be lead by the drums.

Hastur

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2015, 12:03:12 pm »
Hi,
We're working to implement the wait to change pattern for the next firmware. As RichMakeGame guess it will be lead by the drums.

Great news ! Any ETA on this next firmware ?

Rupertt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2015, 07:49:59 pm »
any word if you consider to change the start/stop from always high to just sending a short trigger?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines