March 28, 2024, 03:27:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SEM V GUI not updating after mapping controls to macros in Ableton  (Read 11877 times)

gch1000@hotmail.com

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
SEM V GUI not updating after mapping controls to macros in Ableton
« on: September 15, 2015, 09:42:32 pm »
After using 'Configure' to set up mapping to macro controls in Ableton, the SEM's GUI does not visually update the knob/switch positions when the macro control is used to adjust a parameter. You can hear that the parameter has been changed but there is no visible feedback on the GUI. So if you change i.e. the filter cutoff using a macro knob and then use the mouse to adjust cutoff on the GUI there is a jump in the sound from the position set by the macro control to the position being displayed on the GUI.

Are others experiencing this? Is there a solution?

SentZ

Re: SEM V GUI not updating after mapping controls to macros in Ableton
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 10:54:37 am »
Has this been repaired? I wanted to purchase the VST version tomorrow to supplement the iPad edition, but this is a pretty big deal as a Push user.

Stef Haynes

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 05:56:53 pm »
I am also having this issue. I map portamento to a macro, set the min range to 15ms, but the knob on the GUI always goes back to 0 and there is no portamento.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 07:08:41 pm »
I am also having this issue. I map portamento to a macro, set the min range to 15ms, but the knob on the GUI always goes back to 0 and there is no portamento.
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Seems to work here in Live 10 lite with both the old Oberheim SEM and rhe new SEM2 and as both vst2 and vst3 plugins. l'm on Windows 10.
Which excact version do you use of both Live, SEM and OS?

Perhaps it's in the automation that the value jump?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 07:12:24 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines