April 29, 2024, 01:29:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BeatStep Pro to Volca Keys  (Read 3888 times)

thisbillisbrown

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
BeatStep Pro to Volca Keys
« on: September 06, 2015, 12:52:08 am »
Just getting started with synths, midi, cv... you name it. I connected a Volca Keys via the BSP's Midi Out. It triggered notes fine on BSP's Channel 1 (green), sounding exactly like I was playing the Keys' touch pad. However, I hit play on the BSP just to see what would happen and got some default pattern, but after I stopped all of the sustain and decay on the Volca was gone. From there, the Keys basically ignored its own knobs until I: 1) restarted the Korg, 2) disconnected the Midi cable, or 3) left the record button on the BSP engaged. Also, regarding situation #3, the sustain/decay would disappear as soon as I disabled the record button, aka, if I recorded a part full of long tones, then disabled recording while continuing playing, all the notes went staccato.

I don't think these are glitches, because it really seems as if the Korg is simply behaving as instructed by the BSP, and its my ignorance/inexperince with midi is the problem.

FWIW, I read ahead and saw that I needed to change the pitch and gate output settings (I intend to my MS20 Mini as well) in the CV section, is there something in the midi section that should be adjusted to work with the Volca correctly?

Any assistance is much appreciated.

StutzJr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: BeatStep Pro to Volca Keys
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 03:21:03 am »
Just a quick answer as I'm about to head out the door - if this doesn't work let me know..

If you want to drive the Volca Keys with BSP you need to be on a clear pattern otherwise the Volca will play what is already saved at the same time.  On the Volca load an empty pattern or use [Func-Clear All] & [Func-Clear Act. Step] and also [Func-Motion Sequence Clear] (just don't save this if you don't currently have any clear slots).

ewokjerky

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 09:23:46 pm »
can i use the korg volca keys(in-sync-out) as a cv trigger?

RadianPixel

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 03:55:47 pm »
Did you ever find out if this works?
I'm trying to use the "Clock Out" of the BSP to connect with the "Sync In" of the Volca. But when I hit "Play" the Volca doesn't play. When I hit "Play" manually the Volca goes crazy like on speed...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines