April 28, 2024, 03:16:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Patterns of different lengths going out of sync  (Read 2602 times)

Clem Snide

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Patterns of different lengths going out of sync
« on: August 20, 2015, 09:54:05 pm »
Is anyone else experiencing sync issues between Seq1 and Seq2 when switching from a between different-length patterns? This is a fairly disastrous issue for own working method.

JoaoApell

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • AudioLabs
Re: Patterns of different lengths going out of sync
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 01:05:35 am »
Yes, its terrible,
i have the same issue,
already sugested a "retrigger" option in the feature request thread.

Lu77

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 10:10:32 am »
How are you guys connecting to the equipment and what are you setting as clock?

I ask because I'm seeing heaps of problems with midi din connections, but not other methods so far (haven't tested other methods personally)

But also the faq does say internal clock is no good when using midi. So it might be tighter if you're getting the clock externally?

Clem Snide

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 01:39:54 pm »
How are you guys connecting to the equipment and what are you setting as clock?

I ask because I'm seeing heaps of problems with midi din connections, but not other methods so far (haven't tested other methods personally)

But also the faq does say internal clock is no good when using midi. So it might be tighter if you're getting the clock externally?

This is not about slight sync issues, this is about patterns of different lengths playing completely out of 'phase' with each other, because they are not retriggering at sensible points when you switch one of the sequencer patterns. It's an internal issue, nothing to do with midi connections.

The Octatrack, for instance, handles multiple sequences of different lengths intelligently, leading to no sync issues.

ZRK

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 02:10:45 am »
Same problm here..when switching between patterns with different lengths the pattern is out of sync (such a delay)..anyone fixed this issue?? Unplayable in a live jam  :'(
THX

Valentin Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 02:29:51 pm »
Hi ZRK,
could you describe the steps to reproduce this out of sync issue and give more details on your set up (what SEQ1 & SEQ2 drive, pattern length...), please?
Thanks
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 02:31:27 pm by Valentin Arturia »

ZRK

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 09:02:34 pm »
Hi Valentin,

So the seq1 drives a microbrute, seq2 drives various VSTs (mostly analog lab) on ableton and drum seq drives a drumrack on ableton. i use the midi out of BSP to a midi interface (Prodipe 4i/o).
The midi interface has 2 midi in (BSP out and Audio8 dj out) and 2 midi out (microbrute in and Audio 8dj in). I don't use the usb connectivity of the BSP due to the lack of craches i had been experiencing in ableton.
The patterns lengths of the drums seq are as following :
       - pattern 1 : 16 steps and pattern 2 to 12 : 64 steps
On seq1 & seq2, i use only 1 pattern for each (16 or 32 steps depends on project).
So when switching between patterns (2 to 12) on the drum seq, no sync problm. BUT when switching between pattern 1 (16 steps) and other pattern of the 2 - 12 (64 steps), the drum seq is out of sync with seq1 and seq2. So need to re-switch to get it synced in.
Thats it :).

Btw : im connecting the BSP, minilab, microbrute, APC20, Prodipe midi interface and an Audio 8 dj to a powered USB hub, when disconnecting one of the devices or after 15 - 30 mn of use, ableton craches. So i disconnected BSP usb and all went good !! any idea??

Thanks in advance ;) 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 09:22:52 pm by ZRK »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines