April 30, 2024, 02:35:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Looper bug  (Read 1489 times)

RichMakeGame

Looper bug
« on: July 30, 2015, 12:13:00 pm »
I was playing a sequence with swing and brushed against the looper and it went out of sync. If i fiddle with the looper some more it eventually corrects. I'm on current firmware

Heres a vid, hopefully its a known issue
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aHINjIG-jmI

Edit: just noticed this is listed as a previous issue: it's fine with no swing but otherwise still exists
Ps- tested from newly cleared patterns.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 03:48:34 pm by RichMakeGame »

RichMakeGame

Re: Looper bug
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 03:48:20 pm »
This bug persists in the new firmware.

Steps to reproduce: create a drum sequence, with simple kick/snare pattern, hi-hats on every step. turn up swing to max and play sequence. keep intermittantly touching the looper at various positions until you notice the swung hi-hats have turned into a 'gallop', ie steps are playing early instead of late

that's not all- I found the same bug when changing last step during playback. Keep changing between a 16 and 32 length pattern and eventually the gallop bug happens.

PS- where is the best place to post firmware bugs? here or via support ticket? I just want some acknowledgement that it's in the system and the programmers are aware
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 03:59:43 pm by RichMakeGame »

Valentin Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 10:14:00 am »
Hi RichMakeGame,

Thanks for reporting this. We know there's still some issues using the looper and it's in the system. :)

RichMakeGame

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 02:19:58 pm »
Thanks for letting me know :) apologies for panicking a bit :). It comes from liking the bsp a lot!  Please note though that i found the swing issue with pattern length changes too, not just the looper. Thanks again

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines