April 29, 2024, 09:51:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BeatStep Pro Feature Request Thread  (Read 80471 times)

Uncle Screwtape

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: BeatStep Pro Feature Request Thread
« Reply #150 on: January 12, 2016, 05:58:55 am »
Wouldn't changing the note values using the zhift+knob1 method produce the same results as using the Transpose function only via a knob?  You will still need to use two hands and still have little idea of what the values are changing to (other than your memory and mental ability to transpose).  I would be a little smoother when transposing notes over an octave from their original key.

I wasn't originally aware of that function, but after checking it out, I can still say "not exactly." Yes, you can transpose upward instantly with the pads in half steps or multiple steps, but it seems that you can only go down in octaves. There doesn't seem to be a way to "climb" downward. That method has filled part of my need, so thanks for pointing it out. But… I'd like to be able to go down in smaller increments.

At any rate, whatever you can or cannot do with the pads, it still transposes the entire pattern. For a new pattern, I'd like to be able to create a bar, copy it to bars 2-4, and then say, bump bar 2 down one note, and bar 4 up one note. A very basic example would be to make Bar 1 using A1 A2 A1 A2, and quickly turn it into 4 bars of A1 A2 A1 A2 G0 G1 G0 G1 A1 A2 A1 A2 B1 B2 B1 B2. As it is right now, you'd have to go through every step of bars 2 & 4 to accomplish that (32 adjustments). A shift+knob transpose would require only 2 knobs to complete.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #151 on: January 12, 2016, 06:24:30 am »
I agree transposing down using the BSP pads is annoying.  Workaround: use a midi keyboard to send transpose notes to the BSP.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

jeremydb

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #152 on: January 13, 2016, 08:13:59 am »
+1 on Program changes on pattern switch (and pattern switch on program change).

Martz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #153 on: January 22, 2016, 10:22:40 am »
+1 ratcheting for the sequencer (1-4 note-repeats during one sequencer step; like with the Mother-32)
This would incredibly enhance expressiveness!

One way to implement it could be:
Code: [Select]
[holding the corresponding step] + [playing the pad (1-4 times) -> recording note pitch (like it currently does) AND ratchet count]
The gate length for each step repetition could be:
Code: [Select]
[gate length] = [gate length encoder value] / [ratchet count]TIES and SLIDES wouldn't make sense, of course.
Maybe somebody has ideas what to do with them instead?

Martz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #154 on: January 22, 2016, 10:29:51 am »
+1 pattern change via MIDI/In (so it can be foot switch controlled)
+1 Having the option in the MCC to change the roller division to: | 1/4 | 1/6 | 1/8 | 1/12 |
-> This would be awesome for all the pseudo-dubstepists who have their non-triplet 4/4 running but occasionally throw in some 1/6.

bpm123

« Reply #155 on: January 22, 2016, 10:06:33 pm »
An option to continue sending clock messages when the BSP is stopped.

I want to use BSP as a master clock - but I'd like to be able to stop the sequencer to tweak sounds, and still have the units controlled by the BSP receiving clock so that clock synced LFOs, arps, etc, will still work. Hitting "play" when the BSP was previously stopped could hard-reset the clock (as it does when the sequence is reset with shift+play introduced in the 1.3 update).

This could be a simple on/off global device option in the MCC. This is an option that I find in many other daws/clocking tools. It would be nice to have with the BSP - allowing the stating/stopping of the BSPs sequences to be decoupled with the start and stopping of everything in the environment (after all, transport midi signals can still be used for this selectively). Then whether or not sequences are playing can be an independent musical choice. Just because I stop the sequence doesn't mean I want to stop the music.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #156 on: January 23, 2016, 11:43:23 am »
An option to continue sending clock messages when the BSP is stopped.

I want to use BSP as a master clock - but I'd like to be able to stop the sequencer to tweak sounds, and still have the units controlled by the BSP receiving clock so that clock synced LFOs, arps, etc, will still work. Hitting "play" when the BSP was previously stopped could hard-reset the clock (as it does when the sequence is reset with shift+play introduced in the 1.3 update).

This could be a simple on/off global device option in the MCC. This is an option that I find in many other daws/clocking tools. It would be nice to have with the BSP - allowing the stating/stopping of the BSPs sequences to be decoupled with the start and stopping of everything in the environment (after all, transport midi signals can still be used for this selectively). Then whether or not sequences are playing can be an independent musical choice. Just because I stop the sequence doesn't mean I want to stop the music.

Yup, this is really important.
My work around of using my Novation Zero to provide constant clock signal while the BSP is stopped wasn't a great solution so I'm using another sequencer for timing right now, but prefer to use the BSP for transport control and to change the tempo.  Especially the tempo, as every other sequencer I have requires several button presses before I can adjust the tempo.  That and the need to have clock being received to tweak midi timing reliant modulations.  Also the ability to run sequencers without having to have the BSP running.  As is, it's quite disabling for me when running the BSP as a master clock.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Godstalker

« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2016, 01:43:14 pm »
Just a +1 for Midi channels per drum pad... :)

bltbt

« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2016, 06:04:45 pm »
What would be great:
-copy selection and stick it at the end of the selection (useful for copying patterns with other time signatures than plain 4X4)
-transpose the current pattern up or down

Luchiano

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2016, 12:55:01 am »
May I suggest...

Make the firmware open, so anyone (who knows how) can write/modify the firmware, adding and/or improving features, and share it with others.  ;)

- Make an ableton control script using control mode.
- Have the option to make the encoders transmit like encoders and not like pots, so we can have relative or absolute value changes, for scrolling thru lists, etc.
- separate vel cv output from the pitch and gate ones, so we can have a continuous cv control sequence without the notes been triggered.
- Have the option to light the pads/buttons via midi so to generate some visual feedback...

Anyway, ¿Does this forum supports polls or something like that?
¿So a feature request can proposed and we can all vote for the ones we like/need more,
and a ranking can be generated?
Just asking...

Cheers!

« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 07:04:29 am by Luchiano »

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #160 on: January 29, 2016, 09:46:46 am »
Yeah, nah, I really don't think they will do that.

You can start poll by clicking the button to the right of the "New Topic" on the  upper righthand side of any board, above the "last post" column.

grit

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #161 on: February 03, 2016, 11:31:53 am »
1) Individual MIDI channels per drum pad (Volca Sample!!)
2) Optimize or customize pad sensitivity

I got the Volca Sample working through the single drum sequencer channel with this RK-002 cable:
http://www.retrokits.com/rk002
Works great, you can even use the volume settings on the step to control channel level.

Guy Brush

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2016, 11:51:56 am »
I can't read the whole thread but I would love to be able to

solo drum parts

or/and

unmute single drum parts (or a bunch together) from the muted state. (when you have muted the whole rhythm part).

Also, I witnessed a bug. Sometimes (in fact, really often) the sequence slides off the beat,when I switch patterns while playing. Stopping the sequence and starting again fixes this.

verstaerker

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2016, 12:54:41 pm »
What would be great:

-transpose the current pattern up or down

thats already possible!

kaap

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #164 on: February 20, 2016, 07:37:58 pm »
Would love to see a "mute hold" function like they have with the Elektron machines.
Hold drum+mute and tap the elements you would like to mute/un-mute when released drum+mute buttons.
This could be optional by selecting this function on/off in the MIDI control center. Or maybe a button combination like shift + drums + mute(?).

Next to that, it would be nice if there's like a CC record option. Don't know if this is even possible technically speaking.
It's like the Korg Electribe boxes; you can record your movements and it gives your sequence bit more of an edge.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines