March 28, 2024, 08:59:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia Software Center  (Read 16026 times)

stuey

• Spark Moderator
Re: Arturia Software Center
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2014, 10:27:12 pm »
Hello Mathieu

Many thanks for the answer.  However I have one more question.  I have the coupon in my account, but see that it expires 15 January 2015.  With all of the challenges currently and probably to be expected with various synths, is Arturia considering the extension of the deadline? I would love to get VC4 but wanted to wait till it was "fixed" in this non-beta period. :)

Cheers and thanks

Carlos

You could always buy now, install later :)

Thanks, Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

carlosrr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Ph.D. in History, Lecturer, Retired naval officer
    • Carlos of Coronado
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2014, 11:18:11 pm »
Hi Stuart,

So, as it stands I can buy before 15 January, and wait to install after the air clears?  Do I get a link to download, or does the whole thing try to download at one time? In addition, when I install in on my PC, can I also wait to install on my Mac until much later? And, does the download without installation invoke the new ASC? Finally, am I able to partition either my PC drive, or, iMac drive, so that I could have both VC3 and VC4 installed at the same time?

I know, too many questions.  I just want to make sure that when I get VC4 I don't spend endless hour trying to fix a million challenges, as currently it seems to be the case :)

Cheers and thanks

Carlos
Windows 10, Yosemite iMac, 4 controllers, Analog Lab, V Collection 4, Komplete 9, Omnisphere, AAS Ultra-Analog

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2014, 02:11:18 am »
HI Carlos

It does appear to be one thing after the other but it rather depends on what you need it for. Although I have the entire suite, I have 2 go to plug ins and find that I rarely use the rest. Mini V works perfectly, Spark has no or very few issues, these are my 2 fave plugs. Although the Solina V is starting to appear on that list too and that needs a bit more RAM as it does crackle with low buffers set.

Analog Lab bugs are currently being looked at.

Are you currently running V Collection 3?

If you buy it now you can activate it so it appears in your Arturia account, then it's yours. Then wait until you are happy to install it, it's doesn't auto install once you buy it.

To install it: In your account you'll get a link, this is to a web app that then downloads V Collection 4. You can custom install parts of V4, you don't have to install all of it. It will also download the ASC, here you will be able to activate the licenses for the products you've bought. You can do this on both a Mac and PC as you get 5 activations. When updates are available it will ask you if you want to install them, but honestly...

My experience of V4 is:

Spark: (My Version) had issues which I sorted out by swapping the AAX plug in for an earlier version.
Analog Lab had bugs which are now being dealt with - Midi prefs etc
Solina V is a bit RAM heavy and really needs a gutsy machine to run smoothly - As all VI's do to a certain extent

If you use Analog Laboratory then I would wait until there is a workflow to export presets from Analog Laboratory to Analog Lab. Currently the exported files end in a different suffix, meaning that there seems no easy way to get your Analog Laboratory presets into Analog Lab. A workaround would have been to save them in the standalone versions (Provided you have purchased them individually) then open them up via Analog Lab, but they have pulled support for V4 standalone versions in Analog Laboratory so that is not possible.

All synths lost audio/midi prefs after the install of V4 but all apart from Analog Lab, it was just a case of re-seleting them   
All other synths were fine.

What I tend to do it install updates on my laptop and keep current working versions on my main audio machine, this way I can test on my laptop and I know I can still work with current working version on my main production system. You could partitions your mac in 2, install an OS on each partition and install V3 on one and V4 on the other but if you have 2 machines, just install 1 on your PC and the other on your mac. Partitioning your machine just to test seems a little over the top when 98% of issues are minor.

Hope that helps

Thanks, Stuart 

« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 02:13:07 am by stuart »
Mac 10.7.5
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

carlosrr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Carlos of Coronado
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2014, 04:45:26 pm »
Hi Stuart

One more question: When I install it on my Windows 8.1 system, do I uninstall VC3, or, does VC4 overwrite my previous installation of VC3?

Cheers and thanks

Carlos
Windows 10, Yosemite iMac, 4 controllers, Analog Lab, V Collection 4, Komplete 9, Omnisphere, AAS Ultra-Analog

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2014, 07:27:53 pm »
Hi Stuart

One more question: When I install it on my Windows 8.1 system, do I uninstall VC3, or, does VC4 overwrite my previous installation of VC3?

Cheers and thanks

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

No, this is why you can't have V3 & 4 on the same system, it updates your original install.

Thanks, Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

carlosrr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Carlos of Coronado
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2014, 02:09:36 am »
Hi Stuart,

OK, I bought VC4 with the coupon, I got a message that featured this:

"Licence

Serial Number:
   XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Unlock Code:
 XXXXXXXXX
Licence Status:
     registered
Upgrade from V Collection 3:"

However, when I checked out, and went back to download two things happened: I downloaded the ASC software, and did not receive an activation code--I suspect that weekend/holidays/normal events mean that it may take some time to receive an activation code (by email?) to go with the serial nr, and the unlock code, both of which got to me by email.  Do I download the demo while I await the activation code?  Secondly, in going back and forth my account, the details on my account page are back to pre-purchase moments, where the coupon is still to be used, and no product for VC4 upgrade as it showed after I first bought it.  Is that normal, that a purchase disappears, for if not my credit card got charged already and I have saved the order and purchase pages as HMTL files?

I know the holidays may slow everything down, but I wanted to be sure that I was going to receive the activation code that I purchased already, instead of having to buy it again.

Cheers, many thanks, and have a good weekend.

Carlos

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2014, 05:29:05 pm »
Hey Carlos

You have everything you need to install v4. With the download link you can install v4 via a web app, this will install the asc and all the apps. Once all has installed you can just activate it.

( there's an 'activate' button in the asc)

Before you do that, register it via your account, here just use your serial and the unlock code that you got, it will then appear

Happy new year!

Thanks, Stuart
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 05:31:29 pm by stuart »
Mac 10.7.5
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

carlosrr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Carlos of Coronado
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2014, 08:47:32 pm »
Happy Holidays Stuart

OK, let me get this straight so I do the right thing :)

Do I install the ASC software first?
Where is the link to the files for VC4?
As the product page shows my coupon as still virginal, and the purchase of VC4 as a update is no longer showing, will the authentication system still recognize the purchased license/serial nr/unlock code?

I did d/l ASC but did not install it as I was not sure of the order.

Cheers, thanks for the answers and your patience.

Carlos "Old, old, dog learning new tricks" Rivera

carlosrr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Carlos of Coronado
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2014, 08:50:48 pm »
Stuart, I forget to mention that the only link I have available is to d/l the demo of VC4. 
Is that the link you mentioned, as there is seemingly no other.

Cheers

CRR

carlosrr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Carlos of Coronado
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2014, 08:58:12 pm »
Stuart, me again---I do not have an option to register VC4, for it no longer exists on my products page.  That is why I am concerned.  I was able to capture it for HTML when it came up, but trying to go back an forth on my accounts pages seems to have erased any "digital" evidence that I purchased it already, and as I see, the coupon is still virginal :)

I know I am a bit confused, and confusing.

Cheers

Carlos

carlosrr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Carlos of Coronado
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2014, 09:07:47 pm »
Stuart,

I did find the how to register at the top and when I used the serial nr and unlock code three times I got this repeatedly:

"Registration Failed

Ooch, sorry but something went wrong !
This licence is not valid, please check again the Serial and unlock code, provided to you

Please contact the Technical Center or retry to register"

I suspect that my purchase is not showing on their end, and I did open a ticket as it seems that my credit card was charged, a message from Arturia's pay handler did send me a confirmation, but nothing on the Arturia account shows that purchase or use of the coupon.  Sigh.  Do you think that if I tell my credit company to contest the charge, more direct action might be forthcoming? :)

cheers

Carlos

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines