March 28, 2024, 09:31:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia Software Center  (Read 16027 times)

LBH

Arturia Software Center
« on: December 02, 2014, 06:17:17 pm »
Hi,

This is not a Jupiter problem but about The Arturia Software Center.

Ben has helped before so hope it's allright to post here.

Why is Spark Vintage Drum Machines and Analog Laboratory not found in the new Arturia Software Center?

Would be nice if all applications was avtivated and managed thru the Center.

Adrien

Re: Arturia Software Center
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 06:42:38 pm »
Hello,

Spark vdm is replaced by spark 2 and laboratory by analog lab in vcoll 4 which is at this very hour coming live. And the center is introduced with it.

That is why
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

PIGI

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 11:24:32 pm »
years pass, the graphics are renewed and are catchy, but the substance remains the same: badly written software that crashes and crashes.
there is no end to the worst, and there was no a time when I used these plugins that I had no a problem ..
I contacted support several times but nothing.
I was hoping that this time things had improved, but deep I felt that something would not work.
so I decided to install the new ASC and try updating the Modular, what I use less, so in case of problems would be marginal. and so it was. there is no way to update the authorization of the plugin, and when you click the dialog box flashes and nothing happens, except that after a while ableton crashes. end of the games!
I spoke with 3 other friends, the same problem, except that they have installed all the updates and now they are in trouble!

and does not end here ..
analog laboratory ends its existence and is replaced by Analog Lab, which is NOT FREE for owners of the old v-coll.
now updating the synth, the old versions are removed!
the analog laboratory does not recognize them anymore, so it is no longer possible to open the synth to change all the parameters!
I would like to know how the hell you think in Arturia because frankly do not understand them.
who I reimburse the plugin which now does not work anymore as it should? really believe that I buy a new plugin to do the same things to one which already possessed, and you have made it unusable ??

if I can advise you, do not keep doing the same fucking mistakes.
instead of holding different instruments in parallel trying to solve the problem and then not succeed, make analog lab free for the old owners, also because it is our right, we have bought in the past and now, it is not right, not being able to use more! Now you should wasting strength and energy in old software with all the problems that you have?

I ask for a clear stance on your part about how you will face these problems. thanks
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 11:26:25 pm by PIGI »

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 12:49:55 am »
Earlier today on your forum, and via a youtube video, I saw that you are expanding the ability to use the software on more than one machine.
Does this mean that I can license my current Analog Experience, The Laboratory 49 on my new iMac in addition to the current pc that it is registered to?
Do I have to insert the installation CD in order to do so?  Can you provide me with some direction please?  I want to learn how to use my Arturia gear with Pro Tools on the iMac while I am finishing my current recording in Sonar on the PC.
Thanks.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

kevaquarian

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 11:21:08 am »
The latest version of software center will not launch on my machine?

It simply bounces in the dock and has to be forced to quit?

Mac Pro 2010

Adrien

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 09:43:38 pm »
Earlier today on your forum, and via a youtube video, I saw that you are expanding the ability to use the software on more than one machine.
Does this mean that I can license my current Analog Experience, The Laboratory 49 on my new iMac in addition to the current pc that it is registered to?
Do I have to insert the installation CD in order to do so?  Can you provide me with some direction please?  I want to learn how to use my Arturia gear with Pro Tools on the iMac while I am finishing my current recording in Sonar on the PC.
Thanks.

Hello, about this yes you can now use your software on up to five machines.
To do this just install the softwares on another machine and activate it once more.

This is only for Arturia Software center versions

Best
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

Adrien

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 09:53:47 pm »
years pass, the graphics are renewed and are catchy, but the substance remains the same: badly written software that crashes and crashes.
there is no end to the worst, and there was no a time when I used these plugins that I had no a problem ..
I contacted support several times but nothing.
I was hoping that this time things had improved, but deep I felt that something would not work.
so I decided to install the new ASC and try updating the Modular, what I use less, so in case of problems would be marginal. and so it was. there is no way to update the authorization of the plugin, and when you click the dialog box flashes and nothing happens, except that after a while ableton crashes. end of the games!
I spoke with 3 other friends, the same problem, except that they have installed all the updates and now they are in trouble!

and does not end here ..
analog laboratory ends its existence and is replaced by Analog Lab, which is NOT FREE for owners of the old v-coll.
now updating the synth, the old versions are removed!
the analog laboratory does not recognize them anymore, so it is no longer possible to open the synth to change all the parameters!
I would like to know how the hell you think in Arturia because frankly do not understand them.
who I reimburse the plugin which now does not work anymore as it should? really believe that I buy a new plugin to do the same things to one which already possessed, and you have made it unusable ??

if I can advise you, do not keep doing the same fucking mistakes.
instead of holding different instruments in parallel trying to solve the problem and then not succeed, make analog lab free for the old owners, also because it is our right, we have bought in the past and now, it is not right, not being able to use more! Now you should wasting strength and energy in old software with all the problems that you have?

I ask for a clear stance on your part about how you will face these problems. thanks

Lest make this simple,
First and foremost, I am sorry you are encountering trouble.

Now Modulars has received a lot of fixes, like all other existing softwares, as you can see in the release notes, (the "i" on the page http://www.arturia.com/downloads ).

About Laboratory, I understand your point but Analog Lab replaced it for free,
it may not be perfect, but it is still a nice value. There will be no port of this one in the future.
this is why the analog laboratory license gives access for free to analog lab.

I'm not aware of the problems you had with the support but the MAIN reason we changed the protection system is to have a chance to focus our efforts on fixing the bugs instead of answering for eLicenser support.
So consider it as a huge step forward in that direction.

And you are free to report bugs on the forum, and support if you want with a report of your issue and we will look at it.
Saying that all plugs are buggy or crap will sadly not help much to solve you issues.

I hope you we can fix your issue ASAP, please the best way to help is to send to me, or samuel, or ben a report of the issue.

Best
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 10:55:04 pm »
Thanks.

Hello, about this yes you can now use your software on up to five machines.
To do this just install the softwares on another machine and activate it once more.

This is only for Arturia Software center versions

Best

So, I can have it installed on the PC and on the IMac simultaneously, just hooking up the Laboratory 49 controller up to each machine back & forth as desired?

Cool, now if I can get the iMac to recognize the controller as it is currently not detecting any midi output from it, despite confirming correct connections.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 01:58:37 am »
HI Adrien,

http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=83556.0

Please take a look at this. I do agree that replacing the Analogue Laboratory with the Analog Lab and without the features of the previous version; is a bit frustrating.

Especially when Arturia made hardware to suit a software application which was then updated and features that were on the hardware were removed from the updates. It happened with the original Spark which took sometime to resolve with constant forum and email communication.

It's fine to update software and release new hardware to support that, but at least follow support for previous applications. Currently V4 has removed plug ins from the Laboratory application but Analog Lab doesn't offer scene mode as the previous version did.

Thanks, Stuart

Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 05:36:27 pm »
Ditto.

It seems like we're being forced to purchase a new product by eliminating our ability to use the old product, that we purchased.

LBH

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2014, 07:18:35 pm »
Hello,

Spark vdm is replaced by spark 2 and laboratory by analog lab in vcoll 4 which is at this very hour coming live. And the center is introduced with it.

That is why

Just saw this.

Are you saying, that if one do not buy the new V-collection 4, then it's not possible for one to quit the eLicenser?
Do you say Arturia forces people to buy V collection 4 if we wan't to use our payed for products?

Off coarse  the products sold to people including the ones i mention has to be in the Arturia Software Center too, as it's applications that is payed for. Otherwise eLicenser is not skiped, or arturia make some payed for products useless, and has sold them recently without saying they will be useless. Is that legal? Don't think so.

Points with the Arturia Sofware Center is to skip eLicenser and haveboth  activations and updates thru the Center. Can only be done, if all applikations is in the center, including Spark VDM am Analog Laboratory and other sold products.

carlosrr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Ph.D. in History, Lecturer, Retired naval officer
    • Carlos of Coronado
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2014, 08:54:03 pm »
Hello all

I am curious as to what is considered free speech.  I posted this early Thursday morning and yet to see it approved on the first free speech section at the top of the forum:

"Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ASC vs Elicense: what are the benefits for those who activated before 1 Dec?
carlosrr

Apprentice
        View Profile
        Carlos of Coronado
        Email
        Personal Message (Online)

ASC vs Elicense: what are the benefits for those who activated before 1 Dec?
« on: December 04, 2014, 12:58:19 am »

Modify
    Remove

Note: This message is awaiting approval by a moderator.
Hello all

For the most part,  I have had a positive experience with Keylab 25, and Keylab 49, Mini V, and the V3 Collection on my Windows 8.1 pc, and my Yosemite.  However, the

switch to the new ASC seems to indicate a "challenge" to activation and losing old settings and software.

If you do not upgrade to ASC, does it disable the elicense system at some future date?
New updates, even, with the old system, seem for some folks problematic.  What if I do not ever upgrade? be
Was there actually beta testing, and if there was, adequately and lengthily, a group that can mollify concerns about updates and upgrades?

I see that I now have a coupon for VC4.  Can I keep VC3 on one system and upgrade to VC4 on the other, and keep both systems authorized/activated?

Finally, I myself appreciate the hard work Arturia must be incurring, but I am concerned that overwhelming or catastrophic updates/upgrades might be some sort of a disincentive."

Is there some sort of blockade on approving some messages about ASC/VC4 at times?

Cheers and thanks
Windows 10, Yosemite iMac, 4 controllers, Analog Lab, V Collection 4, Komplete 9, Omnisphere, AAS Ultra-Analog

Mathieu Arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2014, 06:30:00 pm »
Every eLicenser activation code will continue to work and will not be disabled in the future.
You can still use them for the products that are not supported by the ASC, and pre-ASC versions of the VC3 products.

If you upgrade from VC3 to VC4, you will keep your eLicenser activation codes, which can be used to authorize any VC3 product, including Analog Laboratory and Spark VDM.

So yes, you can use eLicenser on a computer and the ASC on another (or both protections on the same computer).

Also, any Analog Laboratory licence gives you access to Analog Lab in the ASC.

@carlosrr: I don't know why your post wasn't approved, but I hope that answered your concerns.

carlosrr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Ph.D. in History, Lecturer, Retired naval officer
    • Carlos of Coronado
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 09:46:01 pm »
Hello Mathieu

Many thanks for the answer.  However I have one more question.  I have the coupon in my account, but see that it expires 15 January 2015.  With all of the challenges currently and probably to be expected with various synths, is Arturia considering the extension of the deadline? I would love to get VC4 but wanted to wait till it was "fixed" in this non-beta period. :)

Cheers and thanks

Carlos
Windows 10, Yosemite iMac, 4 controllers, Analog Lab, V Collection 4, Komplete 9, Omnisphere, AAS Ultra-Analog

Adrien

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2014, 09:51:35 pm »
Hello,

You can contact the sales but this is not planned.

Best
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines