March 28, 2024, 05:58:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi learn not working from SPARK 2 software to my NI Maschine?  (Read 4944 times)

perkdaddy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
The Midi learn function is not working from software to my NI Maschine? I RTFM and used the CMD on my mac but it's not registering with my MASCHINE? Help anyone

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Midi learn not working from SPARK 2 software to my NI Maschine?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 10:08:39 am »
Hi,
sorry but i do not understand well you problem.
Can you describe precisely:
- what you are doing
- what you are expecting
- what you are getting

Thx
Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

perkdaddy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 06:56:40 am »
Well when I bought Spark 2 software, it was advertised as being able to work with other hardware controllers in case you didn't want the Sparkle. I have the MASCHINE controller, an AKAI MPD32 and a nOVATION 25SL MK2. These devices show up in the MIDI IN and MIDI OUT out ports of SPARK 2.  The problem is that when I try to assign the control in the SPARK2  to my hardware controller it won't connect.  for example, I will click on  the control on SPARK 2 hold down COMMAND on my IMac. The MIDI LEARN tab will show the MIDI NOTE and will sat LEARN. I click LEARN and it turns to LEARNING while I'm clicking or turning a knob or touching a midi note on my HARDWARE CONTROLLER. Once i release the hardware controller and turn the knob there is no movement in the software. I've been making MIDI LEARN connections for years on software like REASON ext. I know how MIDI LEARN works and it should be a relative simple process to match controls on a software program to the physical controls of the hardware controller. For some reason it's not working using MASCHINE, AKAI MPD32 and NOVATION 25SL MK2. I'm on an iMac running 10.9.3 but this wasn't working when I was on 10.8. and 10.9? thank in advance for your support.

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 08:40:18 am »
Are you using Spark in standalone mode or inside a DAW?
If you are using it standalone, have you selected the MIDI device in the Preferences?

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

perkdaddy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 02:24:03 am »
I want the midi learn to work in STANDALONE mode. I have selected my midi controller devices in the midi in/out window while in STANDALONE mode. In my daw (machine) the parameters in the software map to the machine just fine. So, this lets me know that the parameters do map, but for me, only when SPARK 2 is used in a DAW. I really want know just one thing; what is the procedure for mapping hardware mid controllers to the SPARK 2 software?  Are there any users on the forum who just opened the software and mapped their midi controller to SPARK2 software with no problem at all. Thanks in advance.

Professa G

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 06:24:10 pm »
Anyone ever figure this out?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 09:26:07 pm »
Hi , it works fine for me . right click or cmd click in a mac

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines