March 28, 2024, 01:32:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MicroBrute malfunction statistics: share your user experience  (Read 16589 times)

jooga1972

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Looking at the topics in the MicroBrute section one can see that the number of technical problem-related threads heavily exceeds the sum of both General and Preset threads. We all know what are the reasons for this. Anyway, without any intented ranting on Arturia, just out of curiosity, it would be useful to see how many units out there have had any malfunction issues, defects, tech problems AND how many of us have had a problem-free user experiemce since the MicroBrute was released. I'm convinced that stats like this could be useful for Arturia, so that they can learn the lessons and improve quality control and/or design, if necessary.
So, I'm inviting all MicroBrute users to chime in with a very short description of the problem (if any), the date of purchase and the serial number.
I'm doing this because I LOVE how the MicroBrute sounds and would like to see Arturia take action and give us improved products. If I didn't like the sound, I couldn't care less and would never start a topic like this. Hope you guys (including Arturia folks here on the board...) see my point and don't get this whole thing wrong.

Thanks and cheers,
Gabor

lentoNinos

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: MicroBrute malfunction statistics: share your user experience
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 07:21:13 pm »
I haven't ran into any hardware issues with mine.
There are some known software bugs, the most annoying being the midi slipping out of sync. Also would be great to see a couple more features in the firmware, but I am loving my microbrute. I don't have my serial number on hand, but I got mine in November 2013, so I think I got one of the first batches.

wacopacco

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 04:03:25 pm »
The first one I ordered, had a faulty volume pot after two weeks of casual home use. The pot was scratchy and I lost a ton of output. Sweetwater sent me a new one right away.

The second one, has been heavily used on a 3 month tour, numerous fly dates, extensive studio use, etc. Haven't had a single issue with this one.

For most people, they won't venture to the forums unless they have a problem. So here is not a good place to find statistics of good vs bad experiences.

KMW

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 05:53:25 am »
Mine's fine.

transparent

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 09:58:08 am »
Mine produced scary malfunctions after firmware upgrade but its fine at the moment.

Still dont find it too reliable because i've also experiencing the same problem as described here:  http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=15630.0

Mmarsh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 10:55:39 pm »
I've had mine for almost a year, no problems.

Adam Jones

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 02:28:42 pm »

My oscillators have started to slip and slide out of tune WILDLY, not a warm up thing, have had techs support give me notes on how to tune it...can get it in tune across all octaves but within 30 mins its out and octaves start to add a semitone....mmmm...sometimes its so out on a given note that the tune knob cant bring it back...

Going crazy it slides around so much it takes me 30 minutes to try to tune it..... >:(

Melly

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 11:54:10 pm »
mines on the way back from repairs, its only been a couple of weeks  had a feeling it was going to be more, anyways on the email i received this little note [defective parts have been replaced, function
control]   whats that about , function control ?  any ideas

wacopacco

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 04:24:13 pm »
Function control?

Melly

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 05:14:14 pm »
function control ? i don't know mate that's why i asked lol 

wacopacco

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 03:21:04 am »
function control ? i don't know mate that's why i asked lol
That's what I'm saying. Doesn't sound like much of an explanation from them.

Melly

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 10:29:41 am »
aye , anyways its still working, hopefully i wont have to come back in here now:P

benway

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 08:41:16 am »
Mine has been repaired twice :  the first time I lost all sound (no notes no keys)...just a clicking that changed in accordance with the sequencer tempo.
lfo, filter and env all worked fine...

second time almost the same problem, had sound but no notes from keys and no octaves; I just got back a replacement and it presents the same problem.

steun

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2014, 03:21:17 pm »
My Master Volume knob makes crackling sounds when i use it...

The sequencer is buggy when I start up the microbrute with the sequencers turned on. It doesn't sound like the selected pattern. I have to change pattern or turn off and on the sequencer so it works as intended. I guess this is a software bug.

ip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2015, 11:10:50 am »
mine after a year of more or less faultless operation (only the standard issues with sequencer tuning and midi connection problems) is suddenly dead, more or less. keys and pitch control is not working at all, only the triangle wave seems to do something, that is make some noise. sequencer seems to work, though.
as my guarantee has just expired and arturia tech support does not seem to reply, it seems that i am stuck with a broken machine.
i think microbrute needed much more testing before going in the market.
i hope arturia will try to correct this by offering soem guarantee extension or at least extended tech support, but i don't think it will happen.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines