April 29, 2024, 06:05:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Help with Arpeggiator  (Read 5241 times)

viger

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Help with Arpeggiator
« on: January 03, 2012, 02:56:30 pm »
Hi,  I have to sounds that are almost identical.  Both are using a random arp pattern with a 2 octave range.  I have both set to sync with an external midi clock.  One pattern plays at half speed.  It's seems like one patch is set to 1/4 note and the other is set to 1/8 note but I can't find anywhere to set the resolution.  Where is this done?

Thanks for your help!

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: Help with Arpeggiator
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 03:57:18 pm »
If it's really an Arp, have you tried the Arpeggio Rate slider, upper left corder of a closed Jupiter-8V, near the Arturia logo ?

If it's a Sequencer pattern, you'll need to open the upper section (click "OPEN" on the top toolbar, near the right corner), then select the Modulations tab and then the Sequencer, there you'll have the Rate and the Q: parameters to tweak with.

viger

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 04:46:00 pm »
As far as I can tell, it's truly an arp and not a step sequence.  The Arpeggiator setting is set to random.  When turned off only 1 note is played when a key is pressed, so I'm pretty sure it's just an arp.

The rate slider shouldn't matter since I have the sync set to external...right?

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 05:41:27 pm »
The rate slider shouldn't matter since I have the sync set to external...right?
Still matters, because that's how you set it as *1, *2, *4 or /2, /4, /8 etc, related with the ext tempo.

That's exactly what you want to tweak, which makes me wonder why didn't you tried it yourself before asking on the forum? ;)

viger

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 06:50:49 pm »
Thanks for clearing that up.  I did try it but it didn't make sense.  I thought it was just changing the tempo even though it was supposed to be syncing to the external tempo.  I didn't realize it was changing the resolution.  But I do now.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines