April 29, 2024, 10:25:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: So... 7 Months later, and still no update/news....  (Read 3512 times)

kidharpoon

So... 7 Months later, and still no update/news....
« on: June 29, 2011, 11:52:33 pm »
... Where's all the promised updates?

I've managed to get my hands on a Jupiter 6, to add to the Prophet 08 I already have in that time.

Thinking of selling the Origin and replacing it with a Voyager. Can't really think why I'd keep it with that Arsenal, and no updates or news.

I'm really disappointed.

Would you keep it or go Voyager?

needspeed

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: So... 7 Months later, and still no update/news....
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 01:17:23 am »
I have both and do not feel there is any real overlap.  Each stands on its own for what it is.  I agree about the updates but there is so much already in the Origin it can only get better......Steve

synthguy99

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 01:47:25 am »
Would you keep it or go Voyager?

Even if they NEVER release another update, I'll never let mine go.  Way too powerful, expressive, and analog sounding.  Lots of variety.  And... I can't afford a real analog right now.  :P

But even when the day comes, hopefully before Christmas - or idiot radicals wreck the world - I'm still keeping and using Origin on just about everything.
One day, I want my keyboard studio to be a synth museum like Hans Zimmer's

p.s.  PRAY FOR THIS PLANET!!

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 10:36:55 pm »
I love my Origin too, but hey, what's happening here with the updates?

(as I said in another thread) we are in the Q3 and still no information or anything about update... Shouldn't we at least get updated "Milestones" document?

I would understand (but no accept!) all this if Origin was a discontinued product but it isn't. Arturia is still selling it, so they should at least give us (old Origin owners) and especially new and potential Origin owners correct information.

(I am afraid that Spark is making those guys very busy at the moment. I have it and I like it, but it has so many bugs... Spark-update is coming soon.)

analogfreek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 11:13:04 pm »
I have had my origin for 6 days now. Love the sound. No way I would get rid of it and I have 14 other hardware synths and a ton of plugins. This board is magical connected to a ts 10 with poly aftertouch. But I do wish I had read the forums about the lack of updates kind of worrys me. I will say with all the power and moduals in it as long as I get a few more interesting moduals and a stable OS before they abandon it I will still buy there products. I do hope they keep there promise of prophet and arp and yamaha templets. As they seem more efficient than making your own. If they want to goose sales they should do a oberheim exclusive to origin only for a 12 to 18 months or create some crazy module ala cwejaman or dopefer. But for now I love the sound and power of this synth let's hope it grows faster and it continues to be updated for 2 to 3 years and exceeds our synthesist dreams.

Antoine

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 10:21:10 am »
Hi everyone,
We do not forget you! The Spark development does *not* interfere with Origin development, nor reciprocally, just because these are separate Dev teams; so don't fear such possibility.
I heard that, however they work hard and drink too much coffee, the guys have suffered some delay on various features of the upcoming 1.4 version, so they start thinking on the possibility to split it in 2 parts.
Nothing much precise yet, more serious news coming in a few days (certainly from Philippe).
In the meanwhile, keep up patching your synths!  ;)
ex-Arturian

synthguy99

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 06:26:11 pm »
If they want to goose sales they should do a oberheim exclusive to origin only for a 12 to 18 months or create some crazy module ala cwejaman or dopefer.

Gee Arturia guys, are you listening?  How many times have I been saying this?  Give the Origin an exclusive new synth for a certain period of time, the obvious choice being the Oberheims, which you can release later as a soft synth.  I'm not sure how much this would grab the attention of new buyers, but the Obies on the vintage market are being snapped up as quickly as Jupiter-8s.

Letting people know that the Oberheim sound is available with no need for periodic maintenance has to get some people to notice, I'd think.  ;)  Especially with a selection of voicings from the SEM 8-Voice, OB-X and Matrix-12.  I know that they would have to be licensed, and Tom Oberheim is producing his SEM modules again.  But as we've been saying, if nothing else, you could drop in the Prophet OSCs and filters, and add in something like Doepfer offers with their modular synths.

I'm still loving my Origin and having a blast fiddling around with the 14 synth "templates" I made - and by the way Origin owners, those are available in the Patches and Templates section below this one, with over 100 patches included.  This will give you guys 14 starting points to use in making your own patches, and of course you can reconfigure them to your heart's desire.  I'm still hoping that the Origin team will put up some patches and "templates" of their own.  You could even make some template patches which are built around some of the best patches in your soft synth library.  Frankly, I'd love to see some cool Mg Modular and ARP 2500 patches, and am noodling in that direction myself...

Anyhow, Godspeed guys (please hurry), and keep us interested.  Because... you know, some of us are kind of a cranky bunch and like you to at least come along periodically and tell us what's happening behind the Arturia curtain.  ;)
One day, I want my keyboard studio to be a synth museum like Hans Zimmer's

p.s.  PRAY FOR THIS PLANET!!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines