March 28, 2024, 09:11:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Statement request from Arturia  (Read 25422 times)

kpop

Statement request from Arturia
« on: May 17, 2004, 03:59:55 pm »
As a customer of Arturia, I would like to get an official response from the company regarding the appalling marketing tactics of Xavier Oudin, employer of Arturia, revealed in the following thread at K-v-R:

http://www.kvr-vst.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=533762

In the mean time, I will suspend all my purchases from Arturia.

kpop

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 05:05:02 pm »
Seconded.

Apalling behaviour.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 05:12:29 pm »
I'd say it was pathetic...  :roll:

Guest from CMFM

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 05:18:02 pm »
A statement would do you a lot of favours ...

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 05:51:34 pm »
Gonna be tough getting any credability back after seeing the facts over at KVR.

I think this will hit Arturia big time.

n'other guest

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2004, 06:11:51 pm »
Arturia sell boxed versions, don't they? Then it won't hit them big time, because KvR members and readers are only a small percentage of their customers. They know that, and that's why the don't give a shit.

How about the "true" in TAE™ (True Analog Emulation)? Is it the same interpretation of "true" like Arturia's appearance at KvR?

pox

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2004, 06:22:27 pm »
arturia suckz. thier guis are too big. storm sucks. they are liars and i hate them. :shock:

da'guest

Re: reply
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2004, 06:29:11 pm »
Quote from: "n'other guest"
Arturia sell boxed versions, don't they?

whats that got to do with it? So do NI, Steinberg, virtually everyone.

KvR members and readers are only a small percentage of their customers. They know that, and that's why the don't give a shit.

So alienating yourself from potential customers is a good idea? There are over 20,000 users at KVR!

el guesto

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2004, 06:31:24 pm »
..of course, its not just KVR members now...

http://forum.midiaddict.com/viewtopic.php?t=41149

Anonymous

Re: reply
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2004, 06:51:39 pm »
Quote from: "da'guest"
Arturia sell boxed versions, don't they?

whats that got to do with it? So do NI, Steinberg, virtually everyone.

It's as simple as that: Only a small percentage of the customers that buy Arturia stuff buy it online. Yet again, customers buying from shops only by a small percentage read online forums.

Quote from: "da'guest"
KvR members and readers are only a small percentage of their customers. They know that, and that's why they don't give a shit.

So alienating yourself from potential customers is a good idea? There are over 20,000 users at KVR!

See above.
You'll see there won't be an official statement or apology over at KvR, because Arturia just don't give a shit.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2004, 07:04:35 pm »
Wrong, they just mad a statement, but right, they dont seem to give a shit  :roll:

dos guestus

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2004, 10:15:15 am »
Frankly, I'm amazed this hasn't been publicly resolved satisfactorily yet.

The reply left by the MANAGER of this company over at KvR is nothing short of disgraceful.

To outwardly alienate 25,000+ current and potential (and serious) customers is a business move I hope you'll regret.

I certainly WON'T be buying any of your products as I find the tactics employed by your staff of going in under an assumed name (nothing wrong with that per se) and reviewing competitors products (again nothing wrong with that per se) and consistently giving those products flamed reviews, pointing the reader instead towards your own products: then reviewing your own products as if you're a customer, even stating that since you PURCHASED this product, etc etc - well, in my opinion that makes your staff member a liar and a cheat.

And the fact that the manager of your company went yesterday to KvR to post a reply which effectively states "we couldn't care less and who do you lot think you are anyway?" shows a complete disregard on your behalf towards your existing (there are many Arturia users on KvR's board) and potential customers.

I don't know if you're aware of the fact that people are REMOVING Arturia products from their machines because of your apparently off-hand attitude.
This is a tough market place and I'm pleased for you that your company is doing so well that you can afford to lose so many real and potential customers, not to mention the word of mouth damage that is even now being done to your company.

There are notices about this behaviour on many other boards also, so you don't need to worry about only alienating the thriving INTERNATIONAL community that is KvR, but also most musicians who visit many others sites.

They say no publicity is bad publicity, but in your case, I feel it may have more effect on your future sales than you might expect.
Time will tell.
When I read in the news in a couple of months time that Arturia have gone out of business I'll know it's because you were arrogant, dishonest and couldn't care less about the people who paid your wages.

I feel the best way for you to remedy this is to apologise properly and believably to the world-wide musicians that you have now alienated.
Your employee has been dishonest and libelous and it's time to admit fault instead of trying to shift blame onto the other company.
That company DID NOT review your products (under a psuedonym) in a negative way, then point people towards their own product (as if they were a bonafide regular user who has BOUGHT the product).

If you really can't see what's wrong with this, then, IMO, you deserve all the flak you get.
Good luck to you.
You're going to need it.

Frederic Brun

kvr-vst and Arturia
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2004, 11:33:29 am »
Hello everyone,

I sent an email this morning on the kvr-vst forum, and so did Xavier Oudin.

To summarise quickly,

- I am not taking responsibility for the issue on behalf of Arturia because Xavier did not act as an Arturia staff. He used his own private address to register on the kvr site just because he did not want to involve Arturia. He acted on his own and Arturia has never had a guerilla strategy of any kind.

- From there, Xavier gave his personal opinion based on a technical analysis. Even if he has posted two reviews on Ohm-Force products, from what he told me he has also in the past reviewed other products (notably from Native Instruments). These other reviews have been removed, probably because the kvr staff found out who he was. So I don't think he particularly tried to arm Ohm-Force. He was just looking at getting some balance on the forums and giving his opinion.

- I think it would have been fair from him to say who he was when posting reviews because people could have known he was from the competition. But in the same time, as I said, he did not want to involve Arturia which I would not have let him do.

I have been working with Xavier Oudin for some years now, and he is an honest and straightforward person. He is very sensitive about his work and often feel some injustice when reading comments and reviews on forums. I guess he felt being anonymous gave him the power to take revenge.

This morning he apologised.

This said, even if all this is not positive for Arturia, I am chocked by the concert of insults, morality lessons, relentlessness. Who never made a mistake? If you are this one, please throw the next stone.

Frederic Brun
CEO, Arturia

xavier

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2004, 12:51:48 pm »
Here is my apologize I posted on kvr forum :

Ok,

I have read the rest of this thread this morning.
I apologize to take an alias to write my opinion on this forum. I apologize to have lied about the fact I have buy the miniMg V and imposcar.
I am a developer, I am not a politician. I do my best for creating the best virtual musical instruments possible. All I wanted was that everybody improved his ears and compare analogue and virtual, But I apologize for not doing it with my own name.
The first time I have played an analogue synthesizer (an Ob8), I understood why I did not like to play with virtual synthesizers. I knew what, in my opinion, a virtual synthesizer should be and should not be. That’s my opinion, I tried to give it straight fully, even if it is a bit extreme sometime. But once again, what I have done is not correct, I should used my name to tell what I am thinking.

I can tell to Ohm-Force and Gmedia that I didn’t write my posts to hurt them, and I apologize if I did. I think criticism are the better way to get better sounding VSTi. It is in this way that I received the criticism Ohm-Force made about miniMg V’s filter and a-b-c compare. And till two months I have been working to improve this part of the algorithm.

Now I admit it’s better to discuss this as arturia’s developer than to write some ridiculous posts. This is a lesson for me. But I hope this forum can accept criticism as I accepted them from Ohm-force.

Xavier Oudin

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines