May 23, 2024, 06:20:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Totally confused - Presets  (Read 2228 times)

Nikon3k

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Totally confused - Presets
« on: April 12, 2011, 08:20:56 pm »
I just downloaded some of the presets from here,

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/downloads/presets.html

And when I went to find the Import option in Origin connection I found that it doesn't exist. How do I get these presets on to my Origin. I noticed that each set has different file extensions, not ogs or ogb as I expected. The manual is no real help at all, and that's another thing, almost £2400 and no printed manual!

Regards, Tim

Superwaldi

Re: Totally confused - Presets
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 09:57:54 pm »
My unit came with printed manual, what became outdated nowadays. Therefore the pdf is a good choice to be up to date. You can find it here:

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/downloads/manuals.html
(It refers to fw 1.2.5, what is outdated by 1.3 today.)

The manual for Origin Connection can be found in the Origin Connection archive which comes with firmware updates.

The files from the preset download page are compressed in the popular zip format. You have to unpack them to get the Origin Connection file format. Presets become visible, if you copy them into the "Origin Connection" file on your computer. Starting Origin Connection you can handle them.

Hope that helped.

Nikon3k

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 10:31:20 pm »
I have the PDF, it just seemed a bit mean not to get a manual with the keyboard, I had one with laboratory. I just realised what I am doing wrong and why I can't load the presets. In my haste I saw ORIGIN and assumed the presets below Mg etc were for the Origin when they are for the software versions. I'm putting it down to a senior moment. Thanks for the reply.

Cord

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 04:27:52 am »
For an evolving instrument like the Origin it doesn't make sense to print a manual anymore. With the next update the manual is outdated and ends up in the trash. However, Arturia should have included a little piece of paper with the link to their on-line manual I think.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines