April 24, 2024, 11:55:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: about to buy The Factory Hybrid Synth but have major concerns about activation  (Read 1793 times)

deepfield

in my research on arturia's Factory Hybrid Synth, and the other Analog Experience products, it seems that activating the product and possibly transferring the license to another computer is a major headache.

i'm very interested in the Factory Hybrid Synth but have a huge concern because i may have to reimage my drive or get a new one soon. (i'm running out of space)

i'm running a 15" MacBook Pro Unibody with 10.6.6 with 4Gbs of RAM. i am also using Logic Pro 9, Abelton Live 8, Reason 4, and Traktor Scratch Pro.

for those who use a Mac, how hard/easy was it to activate the product (and midi controller)? is it difficult to get it set up in any of the programs i listed above?

but my most important question is: if i have to get a new hard drive, or reimage the hard drive currently in use, ON THE SAME COMPUTER, do i need to re-register or re-activate The Factory Hybrid Synth? if so, what's the most efficient way of doing this?

please let me know if any of my questions are not clear. i want to avoid any possibly headaches or problems before i purchase.

oh, and if i wanted to use JUST the MIDI controller keyboard on another computer, does that computer need to have an Arturia license as well?

thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 09:34:53 pm by deepfield »

uncle_tom1966

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hello, if you plan to use it on a Mac with Logic 9 etc. consider this and many more similar posts before buying: http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=3641.0
Btw. the midi controller itself does not require serial/activation and will be recognized even without driver software - but with Logic you may have problems.

Best regards
uncle_tom

Diavola

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • www.
You will have to "re"-license (transfer license) with the new machine / new drive - I am finding out.  That stupid dongle should be in the box if you spend 200+ for a product. Since it takes only about $0.20 (if that) to make that thing.  ...Simply retarded.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines