April 27, 2024, 12:35:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New Arturia Origin site  (Read 11287 times)

sparks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: New Arturia Origin site
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2010, 08:14:46 pm »

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 10:49:43 pm »
What is this mysterios site www.originsynthesizer.com? Who can have access to it? I obviously cannot...

Superwaldi

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 09:47:48 am »
I wonder, if there will be another countdown after the second countdown went to zero.

Does anybody remember Desmond in Lost?  :D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 03:37:42 pm by Superwaldi »

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 10:40:36 am »
I remember and this mysticity with Origin and its updates reminds me more and more Lost... (personally I'm waiting my Origin module and while waiting I've been curious to see what's happening here).

Did something came out when the countdown went to 0? Did somebody get some update or what...?
 ???

Superwaldi

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2010, 03:36:46 pm »
The countdown came to 0 and some guests can log in to a new Origin page, I guess. For the not chosen ones a new countdown started.

However, my Origin was not affected and I still love it's sound and user interface.

Cord

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 04:36:41 pm »
That business model to roll out new stuff at the end of the week doesn't work for Arturia. Every time something goes wrong people have the whole weekend to bitch about.

Since we got already the news that there are no updates for the Origin, it is somehow questionable what that whole countdown was for. I cannot imagine that it is on purpose to create a site that is blocked.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2010, 08:17:38 pm »
So, the countdown is over. And... surprise, surprise, it's the Origin Keyboard :D
It's good to see that it's ready!

But there's no mention of the Origin module there. I wonder why. I'd think that the module still makes sense for many potential buyers(?)

DJ
--

paulshillito

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2010, 08:52:53 pm »
They must have fixed the eratic data wheel as in the Origin keyboard video the guy is clearly using it a way not possible on my Origin, namely it works as it should !.

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010, 09:51:47 pm »
"Firmavare details" -page tells us:

Template Pages:
There are Template pages for all of our well known softsynths (MiniMg, CS-80, ARP 2600, Jupiter-8) so you can have quick access to classic vintage sounds.
____

What does this mean? Do they have those templates or what? For me this company's policy is very misleading cause they have sold this Origin so long with a promise of those modules (two years or something?)

And then there's this word "ALL" (of our well known softsynths). All means to me that they are promising also Mg Modular V for example.

Personally I'm very interested in Origin and vey close to purchase it but there're some strangeness in this company's policy. IMO they should give customers some kind idea of the time when they release those template instruments. And certainly they shouldn't give misleading information that they allready have ALL of them if in real world those doesn't exists yet.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 09:59:11 pm by JacksonP »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010, 10:37:00 pm »
...And then there's this word "ALL" (of our well known softsynths)...
I assume that the explicit list given in the text (MiniMg, CS-80, ARP 2600, Jupiter-8) is the templates we will eventually get for the Origin.

Currently there's only the MiniMg template, and the current specifications for both the module and the keyboard clearly says this. However it looks like the keyboard version comes with the new firmware which has the Jupiter 8 template. This same firmware is just about to be released for the module too.

The new site does indeed list all four templates without any caveat like in the specs linked to above, but I suspect this is a mistake that will be tidied up. 

For the upcoming updates, have a look at the timeline. They have also mentioned both the Arp 2600 and the Prophet VS as possible future templates - I'm not sure which one(s) we'll get.

Note that although Arturia may not be on the original schedule with the templates and the VST integration, they do make regular updates with bug fixes and added 'bonus' features and modules.

DJ
--

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 10:53:53 pm »
Thanks for this information! Origin just came much more interesting with this timetable...

Niccolo

• Administrator
  • Arturia developer
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2010, 09:44:23 am »
"Template Pages:
There are Template pages for all of our well known softsynths"

This sentence was copy-pasted from our old product catalog. It was written at a time when we were still thinking that we would be able to deliver all templates corresponding to our software synths (including Mg Modular V, Prophet V, etc!). But in the last year we realized that making these templates is a lot harder than we though. More development time than planned, not enough memory to contain all the graphical interfaces, etc.

So this sentence on the web-site is an error that should be corrected soon. For the moment, in the 1.2 firmware, there is only the MiniMg template. The 1.3 which will be released soon (and is currently under beta-test) will include the Jupiter-8 template. Movies on the website have been done with a Beta 1.3 version, that is why you can see the Jupiter-8 in the videos.
The only other templates that should be released one day are the CS-80 and the ARP-2600.

Niccolo

yellowchris

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2010, 03:24:31 pm »
does this mean that there will not be Prophet V/Prophet VS modules and templates in future firmware upgrades for the Origin?  that eventual feature was a HUGE reason that i purchased my Origin.  i love the MiniMg template and am excited about the Jupiter 8 template, but a Prophet template was something i was really counting on.  can you clarify more about this?

Jeruro

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2010, 08:20:47 pm »
does this mean that there will not be Prophet V/Prophet VS modules and templates in future firmware upgrades for the Origin?  that eventual feature was a HUGE reason that i purchased my Origin.  i love the MiniMg template and am excited about the Jupiter 8 template, but a Prophet template was something i was really counting on.  can you clarify more about this?

me too  :-\

kokocalamar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2010, 02:38:21 pm »
Well, it just proves something that I've learned (the hard way!) over the years:

Never ever buy something for what you or the manufacturer hope it will do in the future.

Only buy it for what it can do today. ;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines