April 27, 2024, 08:07:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New Arturia Origin site  (Read 11286 times)

kokocalamar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
New Arturia Origin site
« on: October 12, 2010, 08:13:21 pm »
I just stumbled across this:

http://www.originsynthesizer.com/

Exciting!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 07:37:09 pm by kokocalamar »

metcalfe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Updates coming this week!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 07:22:34 am »
Interesting, so will the editor work on Vista and will there be a VST?

Superwaldi

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 09:11:47 am »
I guess it will be the FW 1.3 Update.

And the official release of the Origin Keyboard.

I hope there will be some more modules...

kokocalamar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 09:48:46 am »
Yes, most probably the 1.3 OS. Which, if true, is great news. I am really looking forward to the Jupiter-8 template. :)

As I said in a previous post, I believe that it is in Arturias interest to show a 200% commitment to the Origin, as the keyboard version is to be released soon. And what better way to drive up sales than to throw updates and modules and templates on us!! :)

metcalfe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 11:45:45 am »
I read here:

http://www.keyboardmag.com/article/arturia-origin-synth/may-09/96559

about USB audio, is this going to be a reality at all, eg is it even possible with the unit?

Digital output is great, and balanced outputs, but audio via a direct computer interface would make this unit I believe rather rare, considering the multi-timbrality of the unit.

P.S. What other synth architectures are in the works can anyone say?

Superwaldi

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 12:28:45 pm »

about USB audio, is this going to be a reality at all, eg is it even possible with the unit?

It was definately promised several times by Arturia and different distribution partners.

But then there was silence for a long time and firmware updates came later as announced. I asked Arturia about it and the official statement was, that VST-Integration (USB-Audio) is a feature which will be developed someday, but that there are things with higher priority on their to do list.

I was tempered initially, because it sounds as that feature is not to see in the near future. But honestly I would like to see more modules now and the VST-integration later. I really hope that they will remind themselfes again and again to keep all the promises.

metcalfe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 01:02:10 pm »
Hi Superwaldi

I agree, there must be priorities, and having experience with things such as the Roland SonicCell, my enthusiasm has been curtailed somewhat but at least there is a standalone editor and an independent (classic) MIDI interface.

What I am wanting to know I guess is, will the USB interface allow audio streaming from the device to the computer and record, for example 1 stereo channel.

If that were possible that would likely give other similar devices a real run for their money, since this unit has almost all the bases covered it would seem.

True what you say though about more modules, I was immediately looking for the Jupiter myself from listening to the demo I'd really like that in "hardware".

Many regards

Superwaldi

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 04:16:28 pm »
Hi metcalfe,

audio streaming via USB is not possible now.

With modules I don't mean the ready to use synthesizer templates, but the modules to build your own synthesizer structures in the origin.

However both options offer a lot of fun.

Philippe

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 04:44:10 pm »
Hello all,

The 1.3 firmware will enter the final beta test very soon (likely next week). The golden master should be ready before the end of november.

As it has already been told this version will include 2 new modules (Compressor FX + S&H), the Jupiter8 template, new play mode parameters (POLY_UNISON which is the emulation of the J8 UNISON mode, and a UNISON parameter for MONO programs), automation of Sequencer switches (loop mode and patterns), and numerous UI enhancements.

No software editor this time. Maybe for the next next update.
Origin Lead  Developer

kokocalamar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 06:17:18 pm »
Phil, you're breaking my heart! I thought 1.3 would be revealed this friday.. :'(

Just kidding, I am in fact happy that you're pushing for a November release, can't wait!

Thanks.

Superwaldi

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 06:43:27 pm »
This Friday the vst-integration will certainly be released!  :-X

Philippe

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 07:10:23 pm »
No, only the AU  ;)
Origin Lead  Developer

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 09:54:21 pm »
great great !!!

metcalfe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 01:53:28 pm »
As I understand it "VST" integration is not a simple thing, particularly with Steinberg applications, except of course if VST3 is used as in their own hardware synth so I'd not be expecting it (vst editor) to surface anytime soon and would much prefer a standalone program, since besides anything else the fact there is USB & MIDI ports means for example a sequencer can play midi via the classic interface and the application takes the USB.

I think I made that last point earlier, as that is my experience with Roland (non synth) hardware.

Anyway good luck to Arturia for making the leap from software to a hardware system, should be very promising in terms of sounds, strictly controlled module development should bring a greater quality control...

Jeruro

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: New Arturia Origin site
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2010, 07:40:15 pm »
Lol another count down? ???

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines